Friday 16 November 2018

Serene Dolphins

Morning, Some more Dolphins for you today. Having the open spaces in these stamps makes them so versatile for so many looks and styles. They are so easy to colour or fill to suit your project. For this project I have used some Blue Brusho and a selection of Blue Watercolour paint and some Pebeo drawing gum.

You will Need:
Brusho
Selection of Blue Watercolours
Versafine Grey Ink
Memento Midnight Blue
Brush
Drawing Gum
Water 6 x 6 Watercolour Card
Black Card
Blue Centura Pearl Card

Step 1: Stamp your Dolphins onto the watercolour card and mask with the Drawing gum. Leave to dry thoroughly. Use a fan brush to add some splatters of gum to remove later leaving a little white space. Wash your brush Immediately.

Step 2: Spritz your card with water and sprinkle some Brusho for the sea, you really to want some white space here as well to add some drama and movement.

Step 3: Use a brush to add a little blue to the sky. Leave to dry again. Then remove the drawing gum from the Dolphins.

Step 4: Use your selection of blue watercolours to colour the dolphins. Top Tip: I am quite heavy handed with colour so I mask off some of the dolphins with gum, little area here and there, then remove some for another colour. You can always go over it later with a much lighter blue, if required. Next stamp "Serene' using a dark blue ink pad.

Step 5: Mount your finished piece onto black card (Gutted) leaving a narrow border. Then position onto your base card, here I have used Centura Pearl.

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

https://www.britishcraftawards.com/

Thank you ever so much for joining me today, I do hope you have enjoyed the tutorial along with the finished card. I look forward to welcoming you again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

2 comments:

  1. This is one of my favourite samples. It is a s the sentiment says serene. Love all the various shades of blue,as I'm sure you do too!
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A beautiful calm card. Thank you Nick.

    ReplyDelete