Monday 19 November 2018

Faces

Morning Friends and Crafters, late again. So sorry got that much on at the moment and sadly the back up blogs I did before I came to the UK are all published now, so it's one at a time for a while, so do bear with me. Today I am sharing a Journal/Scrapbook page, again this could easily be resized for a smaller card or even scaled down to make a really nice ATC. Like I always say, it's all about having fun.

You will Need:
Rice Paper, Printed and Stamped (Totally your Choice or a mix)
Selection of Stamps- Here I have used Paper artsy, Indigo Blu, Sheena (again your selection)
Selection of stencils (Your Choice)
Funky Foam
Indigo Blue Townhouse Teal, Pantry White,
Eco Paints Cranberry & White mixed Your Glass Mat
Black Gesso
Old Stiff Brush
Creative Expressions Glue n Seal or Similar

Step 1: On your journal page use the face stencils to add some part faces, Trace through with a HB pencil, go over this with a 6B,blend and shade with the Pergamano blender from Clarity. (Video coming soon)

Step 2: Next use section of your chosen rice paper to add more interest, depth and layers. I have used some printed and some stamped for this project. Use Glue N Seal or similar to add them.

Step 3: Stamp your profile stamp in the top left hand corner to overlook the page and bring your eye in to the centre. Start to build up more layers with your chosen stamps.

Step 4: Next start adding some of your acrylics to really bring everything together. You can always re stamp if you cover up something you want to be seen, it all adds more dimension to the finished project.

Step 5: Continue building up the layers, using the acrylics, stamps and stencils. I always find 3 colours are best to bring things together. To make the '3' I drew it onto Funky Foam and cut out with scissors. I then mixed some Cranberry and white together on a mat, spread out with a Brayer, Stamp the 3 then use the same colour to add some more stenciled design. Once again, if you cover something you want to be prominent, you can re stamp. Finally using the old brush and black Gesso, I swiped back and forth around the edges to give a frame to the project, This brings everything together and highlights the black stamped designs.

Another thing, here is a 30% off voucher to use on your first order (anything) from Hochanda, use code FEY5JBP7.

As you know I love writing my blog and helping as much as I can, well I would really love for you to add you support by adding me as a favourite blog. All you need to do in that section is choose other and add my blog address nickinbarnsley.blogspot It would be great to get a mention even if I dont come anywhere.

Here is the link to add your support for all of the categories. 

Thank you so much for joining me again today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and the finished project. I hope you will pop by again very soon to see what else I have to share. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

4 comments:

  1. Oh wow Nick this is amazing. So many different layers and techniques all blended together beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Nicola, So pleased you like this, another one that was great fun to make. Love the layering of colour and stamps. you're very welcome I am always happy to share.xx

      Delete
  2. It's so lovely,seeing you use your own designs Nick and I love the variety you are showcasing and this is another beauty. Keep them coming lol. Tracy ❤️❤️

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tracy, I have had such fun using them, but even more seeing what others have been making with them as well, just like you said. I will keep going can't wait to get home and use more of my AALL&Create stamps with them. Need to watch tomorrow to see w
      hat else I need from my list.xx

      Delete