Tuesday 20 February 2018

Parchment Pleasure

Morning, I wanted to make quite a different project with this one for the launch of Sara's 'Vintage Tea Party'. The collection is incredibly versatile used as it is, but there are many other ways to use the wonderful elements it contains. Here I have used the collection to create a beautiful parchments card. I hope those of you who have received your collection are having fun.

For this card you will need:
Doily Delights Embossing Folder
Vintage Doily Die
Peacock Feathers Oxide
Two 5 x 7'' pieces of Sheena Stamping Card
Teal Centura Pearl (Darks Collection)
Centura Pearl White 'Hint of Silver'
Teal Satin Ribbon
Parchment
White Stayzon ink
EVA Foam
Embossing Tools
Foam Mat
Copier Paper
Brads

Step 1: Emboss your card with the Doily Delights Folder and Highlight the raised emboss detail using Peacock Feathers.

Step 2: Join the  pieces to create a larger card, here 10 x 7 approx. Cut your teal Centura Pearl to leave a narrow border.

Step 3: Place your teal ribbon around the card to hide the join, layer onto the Centura Pearl.

Step 4: Create your stamp using the Vintage Doily Die, cutting into the EVA foam. It does give a nicer crisper image than funky foam.. Mount onto a small piece of card before securing to your stamping block.

Step 5: Test the stamp on a piece of scrap. Cut an aperture into copier paper, your chosen size and stamp your design through it, using Stayzon white ink.

Step 6: Using your fine embossing tool and mat, add all the white line work all over the design. Then add your white work to bring the images to life.

Step 7: Add box frames around you piece, I've used 3 and then cut to size.

Step 8: Layer onto Centura Pearl leaving a narrow border, use brads in all 4 corners, dont use glue as it shows and marks the parchment.

Step 9: Layer this onto white card with Tacky glue

Step 10: Add the parchment topper to your card suing foam tape to add dimension. Add a matching ribbon bow. Finally secure your project to a Centura Pearl base card, White 'Hint of Silver'.

Thank you for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and the finished card. I hope you will pop by again very soon as there is always plenty to share with you. For now take care and Happy Crafting.xx


21 comments:

  1. Fantastic...great technique...amazing results and great tutorial ...thank you Nick xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very different way to use this collection. The card is beautiful,love the colours.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure is a very different way to use it, I always try to give people an idea of what else can be done with the crafty stash. So pleased you like the card and the colours I have used. I adore the new Oxides.thanks again.xx

      Delete
  3. Thank you ever so much Linda, Great to have your comment, so pleased you could leave one. I'm so happy you enjoyed the tutorial and the extra photos too. Over the moon that you like the result.xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Nick loving the parchment aspect very clever.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Linda, I thought it would be nice to craft something totally different with this collection, Very pleased you like it.xx

      Delete
  5. Great ideas here Nick to use dies etc in different ways. What did you use to highlight the embossed areas please with Peacock Feathers? A brayer? Just because you have avoided the debossed areas and I catch them with my blending tool. Xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much. I actually used the ink direct from the ink pad, smoothing ti across gently, but you could also use a Brayer for this as well being careful not to put to much pressure on it. I didn't give definite ways of doing that as I know so many people have their preferred method. Hope that helps.xx

      Delete
  6. love it...esp the tip about the foam

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Patricia, you're more than welcome. I always like to share these sort of things for others to try.xx

      Delete
  7. Lovely card Nick and great ideas. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, I am so pleased you like it. You're always very welcome, I love to share with you.xx

      Delete
  8. Thank you for teaching us how to use our dies with parchment. I've always wanted to do this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're always welcome, it's a pleasure to share with you and I hope that this has helped. I do hope you will have a go.xx

      Delete
  9. Beautiful! I had thought about actually inking the edges of die to see if you could stamp an impression into parchment lightly, and then follow up with stylus, but making a stamp with foam is genius!! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Nancy, This is the way that I have found the best way of doing it as you get a wonderful impression and the stamp you make can be used over and over again. I make quite a lot of stamps from the foam now. I do hope you will try it and above all, have lots of fun.xx

      Delete
  10. Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Mary, I am so pleased you like it. Thanks again.xx

      Delete
  11. Love this. It is beautiful Nick. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Amazing!! Thanks for the tutorial!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fantastic as always ! Love your cards

    ReplyDelete