Friday 2 February 2018

Butterfly Trails

Morning, I am sure you all know by now how much I love the 3D embossing folders from Crafters Companion. They were on Hochanda on Wednesday, so if you missed the shows they will be found via Rewind, on their website. They are so detailed that I really like to keep things as simple as possible to show the amazing depth and detail. They make a very special card or project with very little added, I think they make a real statement. For this project I have used the Butterfly Trellis 3D Embossing Folder.

To help position the hole I wanted, I first embossed the design onto scrap card. The circle was cut out using a die. I then used this to position the hole in my plain card.

Once the hole had been made, I ran it through to emboss the design. Next the whole piece was painted with Antiquing Cream from Deco Art and left to dry.

I wanted to layer my design onto black and teal Centura Pearl while still allowing the base card to show through, so larger circles were cut out of both of the layering cards.

Using Pebeo Dyna paint (Iridescent Copper) I highlighted the  detail so it looked like verdigris copper. I did the same with lilies cut from Sara's Signature Collection.

I arranged and secured the pieces together, then mounted it onto a card base made from Centura Pearl Precious Golds to match. Finally adding the butterfly layered onto a verdigris base, here I use the butterflies from the 'Take Flight' Die set, allowing the precious gold to show through.

Here is the completed card. I hope you like what I have done and the step by step I have shared today. Please join me again soon. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx




3 comments:

  1. Beautiful card. Somehow simple but also extravagant (not sure whether that makes sense). Simple in the fact that the main feature is the embossing folder,but then extravagant in how you have coloured it and the addition of the butterfly and lilies. Don't know whether that explained it or made it worse! Lol
    Thank you for sharing Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely understand Nicola. They are such great folders and designs that I wanted to keep it simple. I know exactly what you mean.Thank you ever so much for your comments, they do mean a lot to me, you know.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is a beautiful card. Would like to try something similar. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete