Monday 5 September 2016

Mistletoe Fairy

Morning, I have really enjoyed crafting with the pens and stamps that Leonie Launched on Hochanda. I know I seem to say this a lot, but only because it's true. Leonie always brings us something new to craft with. I have lots of favourites and I am sure you all do too. This card is one of my favourites from this collection. I love the background effect and yet it was so simple.

I cut my watercolour card to 8' square and stamped my design. I love the mistletoe and used this to hang my baubles. It also gave a little area for me to stamp the fairy. I masked all of the elements with Pebeo Drawing Gum.

Next I added some splats of Drawing Gum to give a snowy effect once I had completed the background.

I put some colour on my glass mat and using a sea sponge wiped the colours across the sheet. I used the darker colours first blending to the light. In order the colours were, Cobalt, Iris, Arctic, Lavender, Lilac and lastly Ice Drop.

Using the Pine Sparkle pen and the clear overlay I coloured the leaves, again using the smallest amount pulling the colour out with the clear. They really give a wonderful blend of colour.

I coloured the berries with the smallest amount of the Lemon, more water than colour. The baubles and the fairy were coloured using a selection of the other colours in the collection.

I cut the 'Winter' from Leonie's Entwined collection using Blue Centura Pearl, then I coated the upper parts with Cosmic Shimmer glue and sprinkled with Ice Diamond crystals.

I secured it to my card using Cosmic Shimmer. Backed my design with black card before layering it onto matching purple Centura Pearl from Crafters Companion, I also added Glossy Accents to the berries.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today, I hope you enjoyed the step by step and the finished card. Hope toy see you here again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful card that with the fairy I feel is a little quirky. The colours seem to blend so well together. You must get through many ml of drawing gum!
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you Nicola, They are lovely pens to use and the colours really are so rich. You would be surprised, the drawing gum goes an awful long way. I am still using my first little pot, that I bought as a twin pack a couple of years ago.xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful, love the colours and gorgeous fairy.
    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Nick. Thank you for sharing and the very detailed tutorial.

    ReplyDelete