Tuesday 13 September 2016

Winterscape

Morning, As soon as I saw these beautiful Christmas Stamps, I knew I wanted to to make a full landscape. Especially as the tree is so large and detailed. It's not very often you come across such a beautiful tree stamp as large as this. It gives such a lot of scope, you can always make a large tree smaller but it's harder to make a small tree larger. Bev from Bee Crafty launched these Christmas Stamps on Hochanda recently and I know they have been incredibly popular.

This card is actually the full width of an A4 sheet of card and 5'' tall. I started by taping my card to my glass mat.

I then took some copier paper and ripped it to make a mask for my landscape, I secured this over my card.

I created the landscape using Shaded Lilac and Faded Jeans Distress ink. Then using both trees, I added groups and single trees across the hills using first and second generation ink. As I worked back, I started to use a mask to add less and less of the tree to give depth to the design.

I then added a very large moon mask to the sky.

I used a selection of Distress inks to blend the sky, Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch, Chipped Sapphire and Black Soot around the edges, I also removed the mask.

I stamped my chosen Christmas sentiment in the moon using Versafine Black ink. I then added Cosmic Shimmer glue to the trees, mountains and hills and covered with extra fine white flowersoft.

To finish the card I mounted it onto white Centura Pearl cardstock.

I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you today as well as the finished card using these lovely stamps. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit and hope you will pop along again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

2 comments:

  1. Such a beautiful card. As ever your landscape is amazing.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful card Nick. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete