Morning. I hope you liked the share yesterday. Today I thought I would share a Mixed Media project that I made with Leonie's new Stamp collection. I chose the butterflies again from the Flight To Freedom Set. I have really enjoyed using Mixed Media and loved making this canvas, so I hope you like it.
I took a piece of canvas board, approximately A4 in size. To begin with I stamped branches and trees over the project as a guideline for building the illusion of a view within a forest. To achieve this I decided on a mixture of garden string for the thicker stems and embroidery cotton for the smaller branches.
Then I took the other elements that I had chosen, some torn corrugated cardboard, ripped and embossed card, a tube I made using garden string wrapped round a paintbrush and coated PVA glue. I also used some hexagonal die cuts that I snipped into along with some ribbon roses I made and some simple paper roses.
When I had arranged all of elements, I painted my project with black gesso and left to dry. When the first coat was dry I felt it needed something else so I destroyed some polystyrene to make some balls and corner element.
Then painted these black also. It's very strange before painting the whole project it started to look too busy, but when it's painted it is less than you think.When the black gesso was dry I stippled around the majority of the board to add more textured with Dyna Acrylic 356 (Violet Blue) The around the paper roses and ribbon roses I added Dyna Acrylic 354 (Red Blue).
Around the edges of the board to about 3 inches in I used Mediterranean Blue gilding polish and then around the edge added Teal Gilding polish both from Creative Expressions. I used the Rich Red gilding polish on the ribbon roses and then built up layers of all the colours throughout the canvas to add more depth.
To finish the colouring of the background and to highlight the trees and branches, I applied Pebeo Gilding wax in both Silver and Renaissance gold.
I stamped out a selection of butterflies from Leonie's Collection, coloured them with my alcohol markers and sprayed with Crafters Companion Silver Spray and Sparkle. I secured them in place with 3D glue gel.
Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you have enjoyed this step by step of how this project came about. I hope you will be back again very soon.Take care xx