Tuesday 10 May 2016

Parchment Thank You Card

Morning, I would like to say Thank You to you all today for your continued support and for all of the wonderful comments that you leave. I really hope you enjoy what I share with you.


So today, I thought I would share my Thank You card. This is my own design, It's not from a pattern or a grid. It's basically a collection of flowers that I have used to make a corner and then duplicated it for the opposite corner. I started with a piece of 8' x 8' parchment and using a mapping pen and white ink I traced my design.

To join the two corners together I used a ribbon image and traced this onto the parchment using the same white ink. I then used a grid to add the embossed dots. I the edged the design with embossed dots and some piercing using a Pergamano grid.

I then filled my flowers with white work. I traced a couple of butterflies and then coloured them with my alcohol markers.

To mount the parchment, I centred the design onto a piece of purple card 7 1/2' x 7 1/2', folded the edges and secured at the back of the card with red liner tape. This was then layered onto  dark purple card at an angle and secured to my base card.


Thank you again for visiting and I really hope that you will stop by again soon. Take care xx

11 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This card is just so pretty,although that word is inadequate. Elegant,delicate and again shows what an amazing artist you are across so many different types of craft/art.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You really are kind to leave such lovely comments, it makes me feel very humble. I am so pleased that you enjoy what I share, It really means a lot. Thank you xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Jane, It's nice of you to say.xx

      Delete
  4. Wow amazing Nick
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Julie, Im pleased you like it.xx

      Delete
  5. This is beautiful Nick. I started parchment a long time ago with a mapping pen and ink so appreciate all the hard work that has gone into this masterpiece. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, it's a pleasure to share with you. Thank you so much for stopping by and leaving your comments. I really love reading them all.xx

      Delete