Tuesday, 24 May 2016

War-bonnet Wilderness

Today, I am sharing another card that I made using the new range of stamps from Bee Crafty. They were launched on Friday 20th May, if you missed Bev's shows they are still available on Hochanda's website, via the TV schedule, using the catch up feature. Please be quick as they're stored for 7 days.


I started off with a sheet of A4 velvet card. I didn't know exactly the size of my finished project, but I was hoping for approximately 7-8''. First I drew a simple hat in pencil and then fashioned it into the base of an Indian War Bonnet. When I had rubbed out all of the excess pencil lines, I went over the required shape with a waterproof black fine liner pen. Then I masked off with Pebeo Drawing Gum.


I worked out which part of the large wing I would need to complete the head dress and applied washi tape to mask off the unwanted part of the stamp, then inked up using Versamark, removed the tape, lined up the stamp with the hat base. I used black fine detailed embossing powder to emboss the feathers.


I then took the small straight feather from the same set to be the hanging side feathers of the head dress. Then took the medium curled feather and masked off the base with washi tape as I only wanted to use the tip. Using black versamark I positioned them about 5-10 mm away from the wing. I added black dots between the head dress and the feathers and joined them together with a very fine line using a black fine liner. I wanted the feeling of movement so they appeared free to move in the breeze. I then applied drawing gum to the whole image.



I cut my project down to size and drew two deckled lines around the edge at 5 and 10 mm with my black fine liner.


I stamped the sentiment I had chosen from the collection. Then added the landscape using Antique Linen,Tea Dye and Frayed Burlap. I added some Brushed Corduroy in the mountain range. I then placed my mask for the Sun/Moon, For the sky I used mainly Shaded Lilac, then from the outside blended in some stormy Sky and finally a little Faded Jeans just around the edges blending into the rest.


To create the Tippee's, I cut a triangle from copier paper and ripped a slim strip also to lay across the base. I blended Frayed Burlap inside the triangle. I drew the base, posts and door flap with my black fine liner. I removed the Drawing Gum and coloured the head dress with a selection of Alcohol markers.I then coloured the inside deckled frame with my black marker.


Finally I mounted the card onto a black card base leaving approximately 5 mm around the card.


Thank you so much for taking the time to visit my blog today. I hope you like the card I have made using these beautiful stamps from Bee Crafty and enjoyed my step by step of how it came alive. Thank you for all of your lovely comments and I hope you will visit again soon. Tomorrow I will be sharing another card that I made using Leonie Pujol's new stamp collection and I hope you will stop by for that. Take care xx

7 comments:

  1. This is amazing. Never ever would I have dreamed this up from those sets of stamps. I hope that Bee Crafty appreciate the wonderful things you have been creating with their stamps.
    Again your step by step is easy to read and follow.
    Thank you for sharing and take care. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We definitely do, he's amazing! xxx

      Delete
  2. Simply stunning Nick. How you have manipulated the stamps to make the image is fantastic and so inspirational. Thank you for another in depth step by step tutorial. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Simply stunning Nick. How you have manipulated the stamps to make the image is fantastic and so inspirational. Thank you for another in depth step by step tutorial. Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. An amazing work of art Nick! I love the background, your blending is fab, Jane :) x

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Nick, love your step by step, it's like magic. Creative Blessings, Tracy x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fantastic Nick

    ReplyDelete