Saturday 14 May 2016

Vintage Tattered Blooms.

Morning, I didn't have a clear view of what I wanted in today's project and didn't really know how it would evolve. All I did know was that I wanted the sentiment and flowers to be the main focus.

I randomly collected some various stamps,card,paper pad, pearlescent pva, some loose Hessian strands and a few embellishments.

After selecting my background paper, here it was a piece of 6 1/2'' square from Kaiser crafts vintage Timeless range. I then measured a mat for this 1/4'' larger in cream card. Then taking my handwriting background, I stamped this onto a strip of matching cream card using Tim Holtz Victorian Velvet. I stamped my sentiment over the top with Coffee Archival. I love this sentiment from Bee Crafty and it was the inspiration behind my project. I cut this out and measured a mat, again 1/4'' larger.

I then blended around both mats and the sentiment with a selection of distress inks, Tattered Rose, Victorian Velvet and Aged Mahogany. I then distressed the backing paper using the same colours.

For the flowers I used a mixture of Tattered Blossoms and Mini Vintage Floret, both by Heartfelt Creations. I used the same distress inks to colour these, also tinted the backs with Tattered Rose. 

Taking the flowers, along with a large ball tool and foam mat I added dimension and shape.

When I matted and layered the main card and sentiment, I decided it would have more impact with a black border, so I used black card to add a middle mat of approximately 2 mm.

I positioned the sentiment using 3D Glue Gel. I took 3 strands of the Hessian and wrapped this around the left hand side of my card.

I took some leaves and coated them in Black Distress glitter using cosmic shimmer glue. Arranged my flowers around the bottom left hand corner and filled the centres with Black Distress Glitter. I added some Dazzlers from Creative Expressions. A Tim Hotz Sentiment key was then added using another strand of Hessian.

To finish of the card I used Cosmic Shimmer Coloured Pearlescent  pva to make some pearl swirls. I simply marked out my design using a pokey tool and added the drops.

I hope you have enjoyed today's share, Thank you so much for stopping by and hope you will visit again soon.Take care xx

12 comments:

  1. A really really pretty card. Love the colours,the sentiment...well all of it.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola. I really love this sentiment from BeeCrafty. There are some really nice ones.Take care xx

      Delete
  2. This is wonderful Nick the hoovers are gorgeous and the sentiment perfect.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is wonderful Nick the hoovers are gorgeous and the sentiment perfect.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, I do love the flower stamps from them and I adore the sentiment from Bev.xx

      Delete
  4. Beautiful card Nick! Love the colours and I have to admit to being a bit partial to Heartfelt Creations flowers!!! Jane :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Than you Jane. Like you I do like the Heartfelt Creations and they stamp really nicely.Take care xx

      Delete
  5. Wow stunning xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Elaine, I am pleased you like it. I do love the background paper.xx

      Delete
  6. Gorgeous. Love it Nick. Thanks for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You're more than welcome, I am very pleased that you like it. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete