Sunday 28 April 2019

Picture Display Box

Morning Friends and Crafters, I am back again today with another project for you. This wooden box would make a wonderful gift for  loved one. I have had this wooden picture box for a long time, I have been waiting to do something very special with it and this is what I decided on.

You will Need:
Craftascope Petal Dies (to make the  rose inside, visit my youtube channel)
Pebeo Dyna Paint 'Violet Blue'
Pebeo Black Sand Texture Paste
Pebeo Black Gesso
Archival Black Ink Pad
Amsterdam Acrylics
Fine Tipped Paint Brush
Copier paper (to make masks for the flowers)

Step 1: Remove the glass panel along with the photo backing board. Paint inside and out with Black Gesso. Leave to dry.

Step 2: Measure the aperture to work out the size of the stamped design.

Step 3: Here I used the daisy stamp and leaves . Firstly make masks from the copier paper and cut them out. Stamp your design in the oval shape using the paper masks to ensure no overstamping in your work. Choose a sentiment for your project. Then use Amsterdam Acrylics to paint the design. They really are wonderful to use and give a great effect and finish.

Step 4: Use the stencil to transfer the design to the box, using the Dyna Paint. Leave this to thoroughly dry.

Step 5: Replace the stencil over the design and add the sand texture paste in a few areas to add more texture and dimension. Leave this to dry again. Once it is thoroughly dry, replace the stencil and paint over the  paste with the Dyna Paint.

Step 6: Replace the glass, then position the painted design and then replace the backing board.

Step 7: Line the inside of the box with black crushed velvet. Add a rose, made using the Rose Petal Dies. You can arrange and secure this with a little clear 3D Glue Gel or similar.


I hope you have enjoyed today's project and you will join me again very soon. As always I have a lot more to share and would really love to have your comments. For now take care and Happy Crafting.xxx




13 comments:

  1. Thank you for sharing Nick, it is a stunning example if what you can achieve with inspiration and the right products. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You are more than welcome Marion, It's always a pleasure to share with you. Thank you ever so much.xx

      Delete
  2. Fantastic project Nick, beautifully done and fab step by step, thanks for sharing hun xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Emma, I am really happy you like it. You're very welcome, it's always a pleasure to share with you.xx

      Delete
  3. Nick this a stunning piece! Love the stencil the vibrancy of the colors & that beautiful rose! What a beautiful gift to cherish always! All your designs go so well together.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol, I love the Dyna paints to, they give such a great effect. Thanks again.xx

      Delete
  4. An absolutely gorgeous box and rose. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Nicola, So pleased you like this one, It was so nice to make, I really enjoyed it.xx

      Delete
  5. I don't know how I missed this but it is beautiful. My favorite stencil. a great idea for a card also. I have been decorating candles, frames lamp shades with this stencil. Thinking of using it on an old night stand I need to finish! Thank you for sharing. Great explaination of how to make this card. xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank goodness this Informative article is interesting and clear. Others I've read made me feel like I needed a degree to decipher them. CBD Display Box

    ReplyDelete

  7. CustomBoxesU is a USA based manufacture hub for the production of all sorts of Custom Boxes with Logo printed in modish style. Your products will no longer have to be wrapped in standard boring boxes. We have the volume to CBD Pre Roll Joint Packaging in all sizes and styles according to clients' requirement and product specifications.

    ReplyDelete