Saturday 27 April 2019

Happy Birthday

Morning Friends & Crafters, I hope you got to see my good news yesterday, I have to say I am really looking forward to it and I really hope to see at least some of you there. I have chosen a very simple card to share with you today. We all need a simple card sometimes, I have said it before and I am sure I will say it again sometime.

You will Need:
Archival Black Ink Pad
Selection of Amsterdam Acrylics
White Stamping Card Blank 5 x 8''
Copier Paper for Masks and Masking
Fine Tipped Paint Brush
Temporary Spray Adhesive

Step 1: Take you card blank, use copier paper to mask off your card leaving a 2 1/2'' strip, about 1'' from the right of your card. (See Photo)

Step 2: Stamp your daisy (or other chosen flower) onto copier paper and cut out to make the masks. The stamp to fill the space, use the mask you have made to avoid overstamping.

Step 3: Remove all the masks along with the copier paper to reveal the design. Leave to dry thoroughly. When totally dry take a soft, dry cloth to remove any residue.

Step 4: Choose shade that compliment each other. Mix the Amsterdam Acrylics with a little water and paint your design. These are so wonderful to paint with and give a super finish.Add more water to lighten the tone or more paint to deepen it to add shades and highlights to the flowers.

Step 5: Stamp your sentiment onto stamping card, Take the black ink pad and edge the card, do it unevenly for a deckled look then use Tacky Glue to mount onto a black background. To finish your card add the sentiment with 3D Glue Gel.

Try a similar idea on black card, using a white ink pad and metallic pencils from Derwent, they give a superb finish and colour or use Spectrum Noir Metallics. 


It's been great to be back sharing with you again. I do hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and that you will join me again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

6 comments:

  1. As ever a beautiful card. Love the colours that you have used,so bright and cheerful. Also the black card version is lovely too. The shading you get makes the flowers so realistic, something that I definitely struggle with.
    Thank you for sharing and good to have you back with a blog post. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's beautiful Nick....I love it x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card Nick, thanks for sharing with us in All Things Crafty FB group xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card as always Nick! The flowers look so real & the colors are bright & happy! The black card is stunning! It is good to have your blog & you back! Feels like old times! I have gone over every blog you have here & on line learned so much! Thank you

    ReplyDelete