Monday 29 April 2019

Dolphin Lantern

Morning all, Well as so many of you had asked for measurements for the Dolphin Lantern and I had promised that I would share how I made it. Many of you know how much I love Dolphins and so  it's definitely a special one for me. I am back at Hochanda Next month, I have to say I am very excited to share the next Craftascope Collections with you.

You Will Need:
Pebeo Dyna Paint 'Blue/Violet
Red Liner or Extra Strong Double Sided Tape
Matt Black Card Stock
Blue Vellum or Parchment
Tacky Glue

Step 1: Cut 4 Pieces of Card to 6 1/2 x 6 3/4''. Then on the longer side score at 1/4''. Centre the dolphin die on your card and cut the design into your card.

Step 2: Cut a mask to cover the dolphin design. Then use the stencil and the Dyna paint to transfer the stencil design to your project. Allow this to dry thoroughly.

Step 3: Use a fine tip applicator to secure the vellum or parchment behind your design. Add strong tape a little Tacky Glue to the tabs and join the panels together.

Step 4: Next cut and score your black card as shown in the photo. These squares will form your lid. Use the same stencil and paint before burnishing the score lines.

Step 5: If you have a small length of chain, add it to the top section of the lid, before securing them together. Pierce a small whole in the centre of the top section, feed through the chain and secure with some 3D Glue gel. Put all the sections together as you would a box base, leaving the tabs to secure them together as in the photo.

Step 6: Here is the finished lantern, which really shows the wonderful Dolphin Design.

Thank you so much for joining me again today and that you enjoyed the tutorial. I've been busy making samples for my next shows on Hochanda as well as finishing designs ready for later in the year. I have so much to share with you over the coming months, it's all very exciting. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

8 comments:

  1. Thank you forsharing Nick, its always good to know how you utilise your products to get more from them. Love it. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Marion. I like to share other ways of using all the goodies from Craftascope, so you can all make the most of them. My Design team are also sharing ways to use them and I will share those on my Facebook page.xx

      Delete
  2. A fabulous piece amazing how this is all made with mainly cardstock! Always looking for home decor projects! Another amazing piece.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol, It really is amazing what you can make with just cardstock. It still amazes me after so many years of crafting and I am sure there are many other things to do. It's the fun of crafting isn't it, we are always learning.xx

      Delete
  3. Such a stand out make Nick. Serene and beautiful. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Nicola, I am pleased you like it.xx

      Delete