Friday 12 May 2017

Water Garden

Here I have used the amazing new 3D Embossing Folders from Crafters Companion to create a card to suit any occasion. I've added bright bursts of colour with Brusho that suit the design.

I used watercolour card and a Tonic Die to create a deckled edge square measuring 4 1/4'', then embossed it using the  Country Garden 3D Embossing Folder. Then I selectively added the Brusho, suing Scarlet, Gamboge, Sea Green and Leaf Green before spritzing with water. The embossing is so deep that none of the detail was lost. I sealed my piece with a couple of layers of Spray n Shine.

To create the skylike background, I took a piece of Sheen Stamping card measuring 5 3/4'' square. I embossed with a Textures folder from Crafters Companion. I blended colour onto this using Blueprint Sketch, then Chipped Sapphire Distress Inks to darken the edges.

I stamped my sentiment and cut out using the same frame die, this time moving it after the first cut to get the smaller size that I wanted.. I then added the same colour Distress Inks as used for the background.

Using Centura Pearl White, with a hint of Silver, I made a 6'' Square base card. All of the edges of the layers were edged with silver using a Pebeo Silver 4 Artist Marker pen. I layered up, finally adding the sentiment with Collall 3D Glue Gel.

Thank you so much for your continued support and for the lovely messages here and on Facebook, I really do appreciate hearing from you, knowing that you are enjoying what I share. Hope to see you again soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

6 comments:

  1. That is a beautiful card Nick. Love everything about it. You are so clever. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Very pleased that you like this card. xx

      Delete
  2. Love the bright colours of this card,and the embossing folder of course. Thanks for sharing, Nicola xxx.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, It looks like a tile with the varnish over the top.You are very welcome.xx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous , lovely and bright xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks ever so much Elaine, Glad you like it. Take care Nick.xx

      Delete