Tuesday 23 May 2017

Gilded Rose Box

Fancy making a gift box and dressing up with your 3D Embossing Folders. I can't tell you what a super impression these will give your cards and projects, they really have to be seen to be believed. The depth of design is on so many levels, the techniques and finishes you apply can really enhance them.

The size of the embossing folder is 5 x 7'', so I wanted to make my basic box with a finished size of 5 1/2 x 7 1/2 with a depth of 1''. I made my box with the Big Score, I cut two sheets of Matt Black Cardstock measuring 9 1/2 x 7 1/2. Having assembled the box, I gilded the embossed card with Empire Gold and Renaissance Gold and secured it to the lid with Tacky Glue. To add more texture and to hide the seam, I used DecoArt Sand Texture paste around the top and sides.

I used a small scrap of black card to emboss the cartouche and cut it out. With Black Dylusions ink spray, I dyed some paper roses. I then used the 'Rose' stamp from Sheena to add the sentiment.

I painted the Texture paste with Pebeo Black Gesso and then gilded the whole box and roses with the same gilding wax. I then used 3D Glue Gel to secure the roses and additional Cartouche to the lid.

Thank you for taking the time to visit today and for your lovely comments on here and Facebook, I really do appreciate them all. I hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the finished piece. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

2 comments:

  1. Gorgeous box. Love the folder,the extras and all that gilding. Thank you for sharing, Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant project Nick. Thank you for sharing this with us.

    ReplyDelete