Monday 29 May 2017

Happy Birthday Nan.xx

Morning, My Nan would have been 95 years old today. To mark her special day, I wanted to share a double spread scrapbook page that I made last year. I really hope you like my project, her favourite flowers were roses and Lilies, so I just had to cover the pages with them.


For those of you that have been following my blog, you will know that I adore Graphic 45, but I never use it, for this I broke all my rules and used papers from The Gilded Lily 12 x 12 & 6 x 6 collections.

I chose the papers I wanted from the pad along with some border strips. I used the very border from two of the pieces as a frame for both pages. I also used 2 sheets of cream cardstock for the base of my pages.


Then I took the border strips and background papers and cut them to size.

I used a border for the top of the page, leaving a gap for the frame. I used the other border strip just over half way down the pages.


Once the papers were in place I added some Distress Ink around the pages, I used Victorian Velvet and Tattered Rose. Then I added the frame and finally some cream crochet lace from Creative Expressions.


For the decoupage element, I took a page from both the 12 and 6 inch pads. I worked out which roses and lilies I wanted and cut them out with scissors.


Having chosen the photos. I used some of the sentiment frames and cut out the centre sections so I could add  the photo's behind. I took one of the mini folders and used it as a journal pocket and added a matching tag for journaling. Here is one of the final layout after many re arrangements. 


I took some other embellishments from Bo Bunny and scrappberries, A cameo as Nan always used to wear some beautiful ones, some filigree metal butterflies and some letters to spell 'Nan'. The letters were printed with type, but white so I coloured them using Victorian Velvet Distress ink. I also coloured some seam binding with the same colour and scrunched it up before making a 'Sue Wilson' messy bow. Finally I assembled my decoupage elements using 3D glue gel. I wrote something in the journal pocket  and invitation with details of the wedding. I added a ribbon to the journal card and attached it with a matching brad.



To finish the pages I added some pearls, using some cosmic shimmer pearl PVA from Creative Expressions.

Thank you so much for taking the time to read my post today and for all of your comments. I do hope you have enjoyed what I have done here. Before I go I would also like to share this medal, I collect coins and I designed it as a commemorative piece and had them made. 



Thank you again for stopping by and I hope you will pop back very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting xxx

3 comments:

  1. Two gorgeous pages to remember your Nan. She was a beautiful lady and I know she was very special to you. Love that you have used your prized G45 papers for these special pages.
    Thank you for sharing, Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. These pages are stunning Nick... your Nan was gorgeous... lovely pictures of her... and the coin... wow!!
    Hugs Sylvie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous and so thoughtful to remember your Nan.

    ReplyDelete