Thursday 12 April 2018

Moonlit Couple

Morning, I have another project for you this morning using the 'Rustic Wedding' Signature Collection from Sara. Just by changing the colours used, the look and feel changes completely. I thought it might be a good idea to share to show you how versatile it can be, even when used within the wedding theme. We all adore the Rustic look, but it's always good to make as much use as possible from your stash. A quiet moment for the Happy couple in the moonlight, after all the excitement of the day, The Perfect Ending.

You will need:
Rustic Wedding 'Just Married Die'
Rustic Wedding 'Always and Forever' Stamp Set
Matt Black Card 6 x 6''
Sheena Stamping Card 6 x 6''
Centura Pearl Hint of Silver Card Base 6.5 X 6.5''
Distress Inks: Faded Jeans, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire
Silver Embossing Powder
Versamark Ink Pad
Anti Static Bag
Heat Gun
Pebeo Silver Gilding Wax
Self Adhesive Sheet (single sided)
Clear Glitter


Step 1: Create your landscape on the Sheena Card, Use ripped copier paper for the hills and mountains. Use the Distress inks, the deeper shades towards the edges and lighter towards where the hills meet to give the moonlit illusion. Use Stick n Spray to secure a circle to your piece, position it where you would like your oversized moon.

Step 2: Add your sky, again the darker shades blending towards the centre, getting lighter towards the moon and land. Deepen the edges with the deepest colour. Then stamp a few tress for depth of your scene.

Step 3: Centre your die within the black card, cut and emboss the first. The cut a further 2 the same, layer them up using Tacky Glue, keeping the embossed piece at the top.

Step 4: Use a section of self adhesive sheet behind the bride, trim around the edges with scissors. Cover with clear glitter to add sparkle to her dress. Secure to your background piece with either foam tape or 3D glue gel.

Step 5: Using Versamark, stamp the 'Just Married' sentiment within the banner and emboss with silver embossing powder. (Don't forget to use your anti-static bag first). Trim around the banner, shape and add to your design.

Step 6: Sparingly add the silver gilding wax, to the trees and leaves to add the hint of moonlight. The to finish the card add to your card base, made with Centura Pearl, Hint of Silver.

Thank you for joining me today, I really hope you have enjoyed the tutorial along with the finished card today. I do hope you will join me again as there is always something to share. For now take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

9 comments:

  1. This card is so beautiful,really elegant and a big change from the original concept of the collection. Oh and I never knew that you were such an old romantic with your opening description!
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL, I really wanted to show a completely different look for this die and all it was, was the change in colour. It's been great working with them, so I am really pleased you like this card.xx

      Delete
  2. Hi Nick
    Stunning card... Love your tutorial... ... You are amazing...all your cards are out of this world
    Sylvia x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so pleased you like the card and the tutorial too. You are really kin, I am so happy to have such a wonderful comment, thank you again.xx

      Delete
  3. A beautiful card Nick. Saw this die on Hochanda this morning. Thank you for the brilliant tutorial.take carex

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, It's a beautiful die and so easy to change it's look either with colour choice or snipping parts away, it really has been fun to use, but once again I ran out of time before ideas.xx

      Delete
  4. This is such a beautiful card and your tutorial so explanatory. I have quite a few of Sara's dies so tutorials are really really helpful. So many blogs I have visited, whilst their projects are so useful for providing inspiration, sometimes I find myself asking "now how did they do that?" So pleas, please keep up with your tutorials.

    Alice H

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Alice, I am over the moon that you have found my blog interesting and helpful, You have really made my day, I really enjoy sharing especially when I know that I am helping a bit. I will keep my tutorials coming, I promise for as long as people are enjoying them. Thanks again for your wonderful comment, it really means a lot to me.xx

      Delete
  5. Stunning card!!! I love the night time scene. I didn’t purchase this set, but now I may need to get it. Thank you for the turtorial!!!

    ReplyDelete