Friday 16 March 2018

Stitched Hummingbird

Morning, I hope you are all well, I hear you are bracing yourselves, ready for a cold snap from the return of 'The Beast from The East 2' I do hope it's not as bad as last time, so stay warm and safe. Today I am sharing a little embroidered piece, using the images from the Jungle Dreams Collection from Michelle. If you're going to the NEC this weekend, I hope you have a great time.

For this project you will need:
10'' Square of Calico
7'' or 8'' hoop
Clarity Light Wave or similar
Embroidery Threads
Needle
Pencil
Coloured Card and Matching Ribbon

Step 1: Choose the designs you would like to use and print them off, Choose a selection of threads.

Step 2: Mark the edge of of your hoop by finger pressing or placing in the hoop. Remove and transfer your design using the light panel or holding up against a window.

Step 3: Stitch your design, here I have used a lot french knots to add more texture, but the choice is yours.

Step 4: Trim a little fabric from around the edges, then roughly stitch the excess at the back. Make sure your design is pulled tight in the frame.

Step 5: Secure the ribbon hanger at the back to form a loop for hanging. Run glue all around the back of the frame and secure your card, coloured facing outwards. Place under a heavy book to ensure even adhesion. Once dry trim around the frame.

Here is the finished piece:

Thank you for taking the time to pop by today, I do hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and the finished project. If you do have time it would be lovely to see some comments, I really do love to read them. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

8 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thank you Jackie, So happy you like this, Thank you ever so much for taking the time to leave a comment for me.xx

      Delete
  2. Something so very different from all your usual pieces,although I know you have done stitch pieces before. Again the colours are gorgeous and vibrant,making a lovely and striking piece of home decor.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I wanted to try to show something different to do with the images, when I was new I always thought digi images were just used for that so a little help for the new crafters to show them other ways of using them. So pleased you like it and the colours. Take care and thanks for your comments, I really appreciate them.xx

      Delete
  3. Do like this a Nick. It has lovely colours. Take care.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am pleased you like it and the colours I've used. Take care too.xx

      Delete
  4. Hi a Nick
    Stunning work... is there anything you cannot do... beautiful...
    Hugs Sylvie xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sylvie, Glad you like it.LOL there are lots of things I can't do or I am rubbish at.xx

      Delete