Tuesday 13 March 2018

Savannah Landscape

Morning, Today I am sharing the first tutorial for a card I made for the launch of Jungle Dreams from Michelle. I wonder how many of you have started receiving your collections, I imagine you are having lots of fun designing with the wonderful elements. For this card, all I have used is one element, a frame border, the possibilities are endless.

For this you will need:
Jungle Dreams Collection
Distress Inks: Rusty Hinge, Wild Honey, Aged Mahogany
Tree Stamps
Clarity Masks or Ripped Copier paper
Clarity Moon Mask or Circle cut from Copier paper
Yellow card
Black base card

Step 1: Print out the border frame, Make sure you leave this to dry thoroughly before using the distress inks.

Step 2: Position your moon/sun mask and first landscape mask.

Step 3: Build up your colours, fairly deep at the bottom. working away from the mask, fading out to leave a paler tone where the hills meet. Continue with adding to your land and sky. With the sky add a small amount of Aged Mahogany for warmth.

Step 4: Peel away the moon mask, add trees and bushes, remembering to keep the perspective to build your scene.

Step 5: Mount you piece onto yellow card and then secure to your black card base.


Thank you for taking the time to visit today, I hope you have enjoyed the tutorial and the finished card. Hopefully you will visit again soon.Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

6 comments:

  1. Beautiful! Now I know this sounds silly I wouldn't of even thought using inks etc! Thanks for that! Xxx love it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not at all Yvonne, thats not silly at all. Try not to think of it as digital and think of the things you would do with stamps and stencils. Thats what I try and do.Thank you ever so much for your comments, it's always great to have some.xx

      Delete
  2. Such a beautiful card and I agree not a way I would have thought of using a digital frame. You are so good at thinking outside the box,as they like to say and that is what makes you so special at crafting.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's very nice of you to say Nicola, I am so happy to hear you say that it makes it all worthwhile. As you know I do love to share and while you enjoy the pieces I am only too happy to go on. Thank you ever so much, I do love to read your comments.xx

      Delete
  3. This is beautiful Nick. I wish I had half of your talent. Brilliant tutorial. Thank you for sharing Nick.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, It's so kind of you to say so, You have great talent too, Don't forget, I have seen your work and was thrilled to see it. Im humbled to have your comments and thoughts.xx

      Delete