Friday 21 October 2016

I love to Laugh

I apologise in advance for anyone who gets this song stuck in their heads, Like I have even as I write this I can hear it in my head. lol I had just watched Mary Poppins before I was using the 'Laugh' Mask. I have also used the stamps that Leonie Launched on Hochanda on Thursday along with some from her previous launch.

I positioned 'Laugh' using Stick n Spray from Crafters Companion. I also secured some copier paper that I had torn to mask off and give me a centre strip to add my colour.

Using Distress Inks to add my colour, I used Squeezed Lemonade, then Spiced Marmalade and blended to remove any joins, the third colour was Candied Apple. For the opposite side of the strip I used Salty Ocean, which also gave me the green I wanted, then Blueprint Sketch and finally Chipped Sapphire. I then removed the copier paper when I was happy with the blending.

To add the 'Love' I used the stamp from Leonie's last collection, I cut this up so I could stagger the letters and place the back to front 'E'. I then masked off the 'L' so that I could use just the empty box and add the letter 'I' and 'To' Below the colour strip I used the 'HO HO HO' stamp and changed it to read 'HA HA HA' I coloured the piece in using a selection of Spectrum Noir Aqua Markers.

I built up my design, making sure to keep it balanced, I also used some stamps behind a couple of the letter boxes.

I hope you like this fun card and the step by step I have shared today. Thank you for stopping by and I hope that you will visit again very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx


1 comment:

  1. Lovely bright card with beautiful blending of the colours. Yes I have the song stuck in my head but there are worse things to have there. The film brings back lovely childhood memories.
    Thanks for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete