Tuesday 18 October 2016

Blizzard

Bev from Bee Crafty launched the MDF on Hochanda during the 'Live from Ally Pally' shows, it was so popular that it sold out twice during the show. Luckily when she launched the New Christmas Stamps on 26th September was able to bring it back. It's wonderful quality and I have loved using it. I am sharing this project which I made with it along with the stamps from the last 2 launches, they all work so well together.

There was no need to prime the MDF first, I painted the sky with Grandma's Teacup Acrylic paint from Indigo Blu, I dragged the brush a little to get some texture. To add the clouds I stippled some System 3 white paint from Daler Rowney, it's incredibly thick and gives great texture.

When this was dry I stamped the words 'Snow' from one sentiment and 'Blizzard' from another using Cobalt Archival Ink and left to dry.

Using Bamboo Leaves Memento ink, I stamped the trees at varying heights to give some perspective and add distance to the project once I had added the landscape.

To add the landscape I used Texture Paste, I coloured it here to show up better on the photos, but thinking about it now I didn't need to for this. I added the paste with a palette knife making the mountain range as real looking as possible.

Next I added the snowflakes to the sky using Blueprint Sketch Distress ink.

I then used Titanium white Acrylic paint to colour the mountains, then adding a small amount of black I added some texture here and there. Next I added some blue to the mountains and also some Grandma's teacup to add the contrast. When this was dry, I added some Cosmic Shimmer glue to areas over the mountains and added Ice Diamonds for the sparkle.

Thank you for joining me again today, I really hope you have enjoyed this project and the step by step. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

2 comments:

  1. As ever an amazing sample,with great depth.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this Nick. Thank you for sharing and the great tutorial.

    ReplyDelete