Wednesday 29 June 2016

Four Seasons

Morning, Sorry for the missing post on Monday, I am afraid I was under the weather and just couldn't manage to post. Today I wanted to share a colourful card to spread a little cheer. I love this sentiment from Bee Crafty and along with the additional words from the textures stamps from Crafters Companion, I think it says it all.

To start with I cut 4 squares approximately 3 1/4'' using a basic square die. Then with Black Archival Ink I stamped the tree from the 'Tree and Branch' set from Bee Crafty, I stamped part of it on all of the squares, two on the right hand side and two on the left hand side of the squares. Then I stamped the words at the bottom of each of the squares using the same ink.

I then cut out a rectangle,using a basic die approximately 3 1/4 x 2 3/4'', then using Black Archival I stamped the lovely sentiment from Bee Crafty.

Taking each square in turn, I used distress inks to blend colour from dark to light from the edges. I used Mowed Lawn, Scattered Straw, Rusty Hinge and Faded Jeans.

Then I took the sentiment rectangle and blended the colours from the bottom left hand corner, using Scattered Straw about 2 thirds of the way up, then Rusty Hinge and finally Fired Brick. Then from the top right I blended with Blueprint Sketch part way into the Scattered Straw to give the green. I edged the sentiment by stamping part of the tree tops around the edge using Archival black ink.

For the background I took a selection of Brusho's, Cobalt Blue, Prussian Blue, Violet and Ultra Marine. I also added a little Lava Red Pixie Powders from Creative Expressions before spritzing with water. I wanted a spotty ook rather than swathes of colour so was careful not to flood the card.

I layered all of the elements onto black card and secured with Cosmic Shimmer Glue from Creative Expressions.

I also layered the background card onto black and secured with Cosmic Shimmer glue.

I arranged the squares around the corners of my card, leaving a 5 mm gap and used 3D glue gel to secure so I could raise this from the card. I then secured the sentiment in the centre, also using 3D glue gel to lift this from the squares.

I hope you have enjoyed my step by step today and the finished card. Tomorrow will be very exciting s Leonie will be Launching her Brand New One Day Special on Hochanda at 8pm. I will be sharing some of the cards I have made in my preview post tomorrow evening at launch. Would love you to come and see them. Many thanks and take care xx


12 comments:

  1. This is wonderful Nick. The colour,stamped tree and sentiment all work so well together. And a super step by step Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is wonderful Nick. The colour,stamped tree and sentiment all work so well together. And a super step by step Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, I am so pleased you like it. I wanted everyone to smile today and I hope it will do the trick. They are great stamps.xx

      Delete
  3. Wow fabulous Nick love the designs and the gorgeous colours ..
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Julie, It's really nice of you to say. The stamps are great and the tree is so well drawn it can be used lots of different ways.xx A real mix of colour for the day

      Delete
  4. That is stunning love this effect the colours are beautiful love cheryl xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Cheryl, Thank you so much. It's great to have your comments and I am so pleased you like the finished card.xx

      Delete
  5. Great card Nick. Love the colours and the sentiments. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I am glad you like this wanted to make people smile and I hope it did the trick xx

      Delete
  6. Sorry missed this yesterday. Checked at 4 and 6 but was nothing.
    A really beautiful card and I love the sentiment. Your blending of the colours always looks so smooth.
    Sorry you were not well and hope that you are feeling better now.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Morning Nicola, Sorry it was a problem this end, The pictures decided not to show so I had to work it all out. I am very pleased that you have seen it now and more importantly that you like it as well. I am feeling a lot better no thank you. Take care Nick xx

      Delete
  7. Woah I adore this and the colours ! It's brilliant Nick xx

    ReplyDelete