Morning, Today I have another new card that I have made using the new stamp collection from Leonie, That launched on Hochanda on May 18th.
To start, I made some marbled background card using a selection of ink sprays. I used a mixture of Blue, Purple and red and set aside to dry.
When dry, I stamped all of the butterflies from Leonie's collection onto the card with Black Archival ink.
Then cut out by hand, using scissors. They are beautiful butterflies, even so they are very easy to cut out.
To create the background, I took a sheet of tissue paper and a selection of Leonie's stamps along with a text background stamp. I used 3 different ink pads for this, Black and Cobalt Archival in and Blueprint Sketch Distress ink. I started with the background text, rolled up the stamp sheet, coated with the ink and stamped away, turning to get a random look, Next I took Leonie's Swirly Butterfly background and repeated the technique. I did the same with the other stamps to built up the background.
I then took a piece of card measuring 8'' square and coated it in PVA which I had let down with water about 1 to 1. I scrunched up my tissue and unravelled it, then applied to the card, making sure that the creases and folds remained for added texture. I then carefully coated with Mat Glue Seal and Glaze from Creative Expressions and set aside to dry.
Here is a photo of it dry before any further work.Do not trim the excess tissue away from the project until it is fully dry.
While it was drying I assembled a Hyacinth decoupage from Reddy. I wanted this to stand out a little bit but not too much, so lightened an area of the background using Picket Fence Distress ink. Then I added some blending elsewhere on my design and highlighted the folds and creases to enhance the texture, for this I used Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch Distress ink.
I stamped out a sentiment from Leonie's collection and used a basic die to cut it out. I then used the background swirl stamp to add interest around the sentiment using Shaded Lilac Distress ink, i used the same ink to blend around the edges. Then I cut out a mat for it in white card, which I edged using Mediterranean Blue Gilding paste from Creative Expressions.
Finally I added my decoupage and the sentiment. Shaped and arranged the butterflies onto my project and secured using 3D glue gel. I backed the project onto a mat of plain white card which I had also edged with the same gilding paste. Lastly I used glossy accents on the butterflies and my card was complete.
Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step and the card I have shared today. Hopefully you will stop by again very soon. Take care xxx