Morning, Here is a card I made with the lovely dies that Leonie Launched on Hochanda. I have had a lot more time to craft with them now and I am really enjoying coming up with some new ideas.
To make the background for the hearts and aperture of this project, I took a sheet of acetate along with a selection of alcohol inks in Blues,Purples and red. I also used some blending solution, 3D Crystal Lacquer and a sheet of tissue paper.
All over the acetate, I added a few drops of the alcohol inks, using more of the blues and purples with just a little of the red. I then added some blending solution to allow the colour to move. I sprinkled some silver mica and at the same time added a generous amount of 3D Lacquer. I then placed tissue paper over the top and manipulated the mica and colours until I was happy. I made sure all the tissue was coated and left it to dry overnight.
I made a card base measuring 8'' Square from black card and cut out the 'Folk Heart' die from Leonie's collection in the centre.
Then I cut the same heart again to give me two of the fine fame hearts.
I used the outside of the die to draw around onto the acetate to allow me enough extra to adhere it to the back of the aperture. I stuck the fine frame hearts to my acetate and trimmed away the excess with scissors.
I cut two butterflies and the word 'Love' from dies in the collection.
Then I covered these in flitter glue and used gilding flakes to cover them, then set aside.
I secured the hearts to my card using 3D glue gel to raise them up, either side of the aperture heart,
Using a damp sea sponge, I sponged flitter glue spots around the black card and covered with gilding flakes. This was my project finished.
Thank you so much for your continued support. I am hoping that you are enjoying my blog, the things I share and the step by steps. Thanks so much for your lovely comments, I do read every one of them. Hope you will visit again very soon. More tomorrow. Take care xxx