Saturday 22 October 2016

Starry Night

Today I am sharing a card from the collection Leonie launched on Hochanda at the beginning of the month. I have had a ball colouring them and really enjoyed crafting with them. I decided I wanted to make a larger village, complete with the Snowmen, Christmas Tree and Stars. I hope you can get the idea of just how versatile they are by changing colours they become completely different. 

To create this scene I needed some paper masks, so I stamped them onto copier paper and cut them out. In the photo, there are some smaller elements that I didn't need, like the snowman etc, so please dont let that put you off.

Using the masks I plotted my design onto watercolour card using black Archival ink. I also used the star stamp in the sky and built the tree. For now I just had to imagine where the landscape would be

I masked all of the design with Pebeo Drawing gum and allowed it to dry.

Using torn copier paper, I created the landscape using mostly Shaded Lilac Distress ink, with just a little Blueprint Sketch.

For the watery sky I used Cobalt, Lavender, Arctic and Icicle Glitter Brush pens by Leonie. This time dabbing the colour from dark to light, I wanted texture in the sky rather than a smooth blend. I removed all of the drawing gum and coloured with my Alcohol markers.

Finally I used a Clear Overlay Sparkle pen to add a frosty/magical look and layered onto purple and blue Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion using Cosmic Shimmer glue.

Thank you for stopping by today, I really hope you like this card and the step by step I have shared today. I look forward to seeing you again soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

2 comments:

  1. Love this scene. I hadn't realised how large it was until I saw it on TV! Again I think that it is great how you build the scene up from nothing and the step by step is always good to explain how you have done it.
    Thanks for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. love this Nick such a cute creation. So glad I'm following your blog to see how you put them all together. Have a crafty weekend me I have to tidy me draws first as I can't find anything lol.
    See over on FB XX

    ReplyDelete