Sunday 2 October 2016

Happy Christmas

What a great new launch from Bev at Bee Crafty on Hochanda last Monday. I hope you got to see her shows, however if you missed them they are still available on the Hochanda website via Catch Up. The snowflakes are really stunning, with such amazing detail and lets face it, you can never have too many snowflakes. They are wonderful for any winter cards whatever the occasion and make amazing backgrounds too.

For today's card I wanted to make a clean crisp card to show off the snowflakes and make them the focal point along with the sentiment. I started with the back, for this I used an embossing folder, I've used 'Snowflake Lattice' by Sue Wilson on crisp white card.

For the front I took the same cardstock and stamped the lovely 'Happy Christmas' sentiment using Cobalt Blue Archival. I wanted to use the small individual parts of the border from the set, so masked off with washi tape the unwanted parts before inking up with Blueprint Sketch to stamp them.

I backed the embossed card with Blue Centura Pearl card from Crafters Companion which I had gutted to use later.

I then used a die from 'Sue Wilson' to give a lovely background, this one is the Australian Background die. I used the blue card that I had gutted to go behind this and secured with Cosmic Shimmer Glue.

I used foam tape to secure the front to the embossed background. I then added a Navy satin bow to the corner before securing the whole piece to a white pearl base card.

Lastly just a little btit of exciting news, Leonie has a new One Day Special launch on Hochanda this Wednesday on Hochanda at 8pm. Thank you for joining me today, Hopefully you have enjoyed looking at the step by step I have shared and the finished card. Enjoy the rest of your weekend. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

3 comments:

  1. Always love looking at/reading your step by steps. This card is gorgeous,so crisp and clean. The ribbon and bow just finish it off beautifully.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card Nick. Thank you again for the excellent tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really like this card. It looks very elegant. Karen x

    ReplyDelete