Monday 3 October 2016

Snow Baby MDF Tag

Morning, For this project I used a large MDF tag from Bee Crafty along with the wonderful Snowflake Flurry Collection that Bev launched on Hochanda last Monday. The shows are well worth watching, so if you missed any  they will be available via the Catch Up section of Hochanda's website. In addition to the Bee Crafty stamps and MDF, I used papers from the 8 x 8 paper pad from Justin and Gordon at Be Creative.

To start with I took the large tag and covered it with a sheet of paper from the Be Creative 8x8 pads, the pad I used here was 'Summer Hues', I thought it would work really well with this project along with some other designs from the same pad. I used the Christmas 'Type' stamp first. Using it in my hand, I randomly stamped around the tag, first with Chipped Sapphire Distress ink and then with Versamark and embossed it with 'Snow White' fine embossing Crystals from Be Creative.

From the same paper pad, I chose another 2 sheets, they all coordinate really well together. I cut and embossed these using 2 sizes of the 'Snowman' dies from Crafters Companion. I then inked through the dies to highlight the areas using Shaded Lilac Distress Ink.

I stamped the 'Snow' and the 'Baby' stamps using Blueprint Sketch Distress ink, masking off the words I didn't want. Before I secured the snowmen using Cosmic Shimmer glue, I stamped them using the smaller snowflakes from the border stamp. I also added some of the snowflakes around the tag to give more texture and depth. The inks I used for this were Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch and Iced Spruce. I finished by adding the burgundy satin ribbon through the tag.

Thank you so much for joining me today, I hope you enjoyed the step by step I have shared with you today and the finished tag. I hope you will pop by again tomorrow. Leonie has a Brand New One Day Special launch on Wednesday  at 8 pm on Hochanda, I hope you dont miss it. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

5 comments:

  1. Beautiful tag. Those papers from Be Creative work really well with the stamps.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful Nick x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nice. I never know where to start with projects like this. I am sure mine would look a right old mess. Karen x

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete