Tuesday 11 October 2016

Let It Snow

You can never have too many snowflakes in your collection. I love this collection from Bee Crafty, Bev launched it on Hochanda on the 26th September so it might be worth checking today if it is still on Catch up as the shows are normally kept for 14 days, you might be lucky. I adore the main focal Snow Embellishment stamp, it's so versatile, using each side for either a grungy look or a cleaner look or using it as a whole for a real statement. Here I have chosen to have a crisp clean look but I love the distressed side just as much.

I started by stamping the delicate Snowflake Border onto my navy satin ribbon with white Stayzon ink. The border is designed so it can be easily extended. I extended it across the length of my ribbon to allow me to wrap around the card and tie a matching bow.

I took my 8' square card and stamped the main design using Cobalt Blue Archival ink.

Next using a selection of the individual snowflake stamps i added them across my card using Shaded Lilac and Blueprint Sketch Distress Ink and the Cobalt Blue Archival.

I distressed just around the edge using Blueprint Sketch then wrapped my ribbon around the card and attached at the back with Wonder Tape from Be Creative. I then layered this onto red Mirri card.

I stamped my sentiment onto a piece of white card, using Shaded Lilac, Blueprint Sketch and Chipped Sapphire I blended to make it darker around the edges and lighter towards the centre to highlight. I then matted this onto the same red Mirri card and attached to my card using Collall 3D glue gel. To finish the card I added a matching Bow.

Thank you for joining me today, I hope you have enjoyed the step by step I have shared along with the finished card.


3 comments:

  1. Really beautiful card. Love the colours and the blue archival gives such a crisp stamp.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous, love these stamps Nick x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely card Nick. Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete