Tuesday 18 June 2019

Beauty in Everything

Hi Friends and Crafters. Well here I am with the first tutorial using the New 'Retro' Collection launched on Hochanda a couple of weeks ago. I have to thank you all so much for embracing the  unique collection. I was so touched  that so many of you have now joined the Craftascope Family. It's also been a real treat for me to see all of the beautiful Creations being shared. It really does show me, how much fun you are having and for me thats the best part of bringing you my designs.

Before I start with my tutorial today, I want to mention the 'Graceful Striplet' Die I have added to my Etsy store. If you dont know abut it I have added the video here for you. At the moment there are more of you have it in your baskets than I have stock, so sadly people are going to be disappointed. If you really want this die, then I urge you to check out. They are not safe in your basket and if someone buys it will be lost. I hate to go on, but I had so many messages from people who missed out on the Retro Stamps and Rose Petals that I don't want the same thing happening.

You will need:
8 x 8 Card Base
Basic Round Die (Approx 6 1/2'')
Distress Inks: Fossilized Amber, Wild Honey & Aged Mahogany 
Versafine Black Ink
Waste Plastic Packaging
EVA or Funky Foam
Yellow and Orange Card (Here Tim Holtz Distress Pad)

Step 1: Trim your Card blank to 7 1/2 x 7 1/2, you will use the remainder at another time. Cut a piece of copier paper that same size and cut a circle into it. Use temporary adhesive spray to secure to your card.

Step 2: Using the Distress inks blend from Light at the top to Dark at the base to create a really rich background.

Step 3: Cut your chosen leaves from EVA foam, I like the EVA foam more than the Funky Foam as it hold the ink better, especially good if you are going to use them again. Spray the back with Stick n Stay then secure to the waste plastic packaging. This will allow you to use them again and again.

Step 4: Remove the mask from your card and replace the inner circle over your design, again with temporary adhesive. Take the stencil and the 2 lighter ink pads and create some interest around the center focal point.

Step 5: Use Temporary adhesive to your stamps and position them into your design using the black ink.

Step 6: Stamp your sentiment onto white card, edge with the black ink and layer it onto Orange and Yellow card. Mount your artwork onto the same yellow and orange card to match, making sure you have gutted it as always.To finish off mount it onto your base card and secure the sentiment with either foam pads or 3D glue gel.

If you prefer not to add matting and layering to your card, then I would suggest working directly onto the Clarity Card Base, as I say on all my videos and tutorials it takes the inks and colour really beautifully and well worth it.

Before I go just to let you know abut the offer I have on the Blooming Marvelous Collection (pictured above) on my Esty Store, There are only 4 left at the amazing price of 58.95. The collection includes the Beautiful Dolphin Die, 3 A5 stencils and 2 A5 plus stamp sheets, not far off A4 really so a it's a great time to add it to your Craftascope Library. See the Etsy listing for more inspirational photos.




I hope you will join me tomorrow at 7 PM for the next episode of ''Natter with Nick'' to see what I will be sharing and for the new Natter with Nick offer. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx


6 comments:

  1. Love the bright colours of this card. Really cheerful and dramatic too. Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I am really pleased you like this one, I do love my blending, I love to get the smoothies and distress inks out for this strong look.xx

      Delete
  2. These instructions are very clear and I am following easily but when you are adding your 'sentiment' you say about gutting it as always - what does this mean please?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Lynne, It's a bit difficult to explain in words, but I do show in my video tutorials on youtube. Basically any layer that covered by another i take out the centre with a basic square die, so the card it not wasted and can be used on another card, a really simple thing to do and it also cuts down on weight when posting, especially useful when it's really nice card stock you are using. I hope that makes sense but as I say I do show it or explain in in a lot of my video tutorials.xx Do let me know.

      Delete
  3. Beautiful card, love the retro leaves - they are at the top of my wish list! Love the black silhouettes against the gorgeous inked circle. xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Chris, I am biased but I am with you on that, I love the Retro leaves and they are so useful for so many occasions and looks. They are on my Etsy store and I am sure they will be around when you can get them. Thank you ever so much and sorry for the delay in responding.x

      Delete