Saturday 27 January 2018

Magical Moonlight

Morning Everyone. Today I am sharing a card I made for the launch of Joanna Sheen's wonderful Fairy Door Dies on Create and Craft on Thursday. The detail in these dies is superb, from the wooden grain detail to the little extras, such as the door furniture, foliage and flowers.

For the base of this card I have used one of the papers from the Josephine Wall project book from Joanna Sheen. Before printing the sheet I added a large moon mask to the sky, so it would remain white.

Next, I added the skyline to the background using a mask from Clarity and Black Soot Distress Ink. I also used one of the Clarity Alphabets to stamp the words across the moon and sky.

I cut the fairy door and small fairies from Matt black cardstock, then added silver gilding wax to add a little moonlight and enhance the details.

I cut down the background in line with the skyline mounted onto some purple mirror card before layering onto my card base made with white pearl card.

Here is the finished card. I do hope you like the card and the step by step I have shared today.

There is plenty more to come, so do visit again. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

2 comments:

  1. Definitely a very magical card,I think that it is beautiful.
    Thank you for sharing,Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello there Barnsley Crafter

    Loving your graphic style on your Blogspot page. I too love fairies. Your cards are fabulous.
    Very Nice with your instructions. I am new to Blogspot.com myself. I have set up a new blog for my crafting. Hope you can take a look.
    Fawna Nazza

    ReplyDelete