Wednesday 24 January 2018

Flower Pot Bouquet

Morning, Today's project would be a lovely surprise card for mothers day or Valentines day. You can very easily change the colour of the flowers etc to suit the person. The lovely imagery comes from the Lilies and Light Collection from Michelle of MJM Design Studio in conjunction with Crafters Companion.

The measurements here are for the flower pot, which I enlarged to 20 cm across (approx). You can quite easily make any size by altering the length of the tab strips accordingly.

The pot was printed 3 times in the same size (2 reversed), if you dont want to back the from pot then 2 will be sufficient. I also printed and cut out a selection of roses and dragon flies from the collection.

The tabs were then scored folded and secured to the pot using Collall tacky glue.


Next, I cut a number of 1 cm strips of acetate, arranged and secured them to the tabs as shown in the photo with red liner tape. for a full pot stagger the lengths of the acetate strips.


Finally I attached the flowers in an arrangement to the acetate strips before adding the other pot to the back. This folds flat for easy posting.

I hope you like the finished piece and the step by step I have shared. I look forward to welcoming you back very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

4 comments:

  1. This is beautiful. No good for Mothers Day or Valentines Day but brilliant for friends. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am pleased you like this, I really enjoyed making it as I love construction, so coming up with measurements etc was just up my street. I love to share, so you are more than welcome, I am just over the moon that you like to visit and see what I have made.Thank you.xx

      Delete
  2. I think that this is an amazing 3d card. It is really beautiful and such a useful card as well.
    Thank you for sharing,Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Nicola, Probably sounds boring as I am going to say again that I loved making this, I do like working out measurements so I was in my element with this, and you know me, I adore roses.xx

      Delete