Wednesday 31 July 2019

SURPRISE, Time For A Lift

Morning Friends and Crafters. So much has happened since my last visit to Hochanda. I don't often share my woes, normally because I try and muddle through as best I can. There's no denying that it's been a struggle this time, I really don't know what else could have possibly gone wrong, it seems everything has been passed my way, so touch wood that things will improve. This is the first post for a while, today I am sharing a journal I have stitched, covered and decorated with something from my New Collection & A Surprise. My post is fairly long but I needed to set a few things straight, so feel free to skip it all.

It's not often that things get on top of me, but the last few months have been incredibly difficult, a few personal issues, my health and of course the weather hasn't helped much either. I have mentioned one of the things before.I have been really upset by some comments and even worse a few cutting messages. I have to say they are very hurtful, maybe more so at the moment with being unwell, it's really got me down and I have found it hard to pick myself up this time.

There are only a couple of things that have got me through the last unpleasant weeks, one has been my new goodies. 'The Regal Rose' collection is very special to me, It's dedicated to my Nan, she adored Roses as do I, so this is all about roses, beautiful words and phrases. Apart from the main collection, there are also some wonderful extras that will compliment it, but work beautifully on their own.

The Lady Marjorie Swag: An open design with very fine, delicate lines. There are so many options with this one, evolving from one of my stamps. It will give a lot of versatility.

Then there is the Lady Elizabeth Bouquet Die, a beautiful bouquet with wonderful embossed detail. I managed to get it to work on my foiling machine as well. This will not be available on Hochanda and there is very little stock left. The packaging has the incorrect name, obviously it doesn't affect the die so if you want it pleased order now.


There are 2 additional shows on Wednesday 7th, do watch out for them (IT'S A BIG SURPRISE). After a lot of requests I have now created a stamp sheet of Retro Leaves and styalised trees, again very versatile. Also on the show a couple of New items, one of which is an alphabet to either coordinate with the Retro Banner die or for any of your other crafting projects.


All of the new goodies have been added to my Etsy store (LINK HERE), Unfortunately the Regal Rose Collection has sold out, but I will try to add some more stock next week. For now all the stock I have was added to the store, dont delay if you want anything. I really hope you will love it as much as I do.

Before I go on I would like to thank you ever so much for your support and wonderful comments and messages on Facebook. This is another thing that has really kept me going. I really appreciate how much you care, it does mean a lot to me. Much more that you could ever know. Without it I really don't think I would be continuing with this journey. I have to say sometimes It's something I wouldn't be doing if I didn't know how many of you enjoy what I share and bring for you.

I want to take this opportunity that I only recommend quality things to to help others, products and items I believe in and that exceed my expectations.I can assure you that I don't receive any payment for this at all,it's really not what I would ever do. If you know me, you will know that I am Honest and Truthful. I'm a genuine guy who likes to help people whenever I can. It's where I started, long before I ever had my own craft range and it will always be my top priority. I want people to enjoy their crafting and have fun while doing it. Some of the remarks have been downright spiteful, they really have got to me this time. I do hope you never feel obliged to visit my blog or that I bombard you with advertising for Hochanda or my Etsy Store.

I have only shared things, so people dont miss out, when stock runs low and I cant replace. Lately I have been on the receiving end of some very spiteful remarks and abuse, comments and messages, some of which were from people I thought were nice people, they have now been blocked. 

It's important to note here, that I can only make one order for my collections and once they are gone they are gone, I can't get more. Minimum orders are fairly hefty, so to get the best possible price and value for you I need to place large orders, to buy less means the prices are just too high.

For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx




21 comments:

  1. This is a stunning piece your stitching is so lovely! I am so sorry for all the bad things going on with you. Seems people are just spewing nasty things all over. Saw Lou had the same thing happen to her!! Nick all of us who know you know you are one of the kindest, caring men around. There is not a bad thought in your body. Know we all care & love you & appreciate your hard work just to make us happy! As for those negative things, those people must have very miserable lives & for some reason they spew nastiness to whoever they feel like!! I know it is easy for me to say but channel the good things try & block out the ngative. Pray things get better soon, & know we all have your back & will stand by you! xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you like it Carol. It's not been very nice for a few weeks, I didn't share all of it, It was bad enough sharing what I did, you know me I very rarely share things like this, I tend to stick too the crafting shares. I still don't understand what people get out of being like this, I really don't I cant see that it makes them feel good or happy. After all the wonderful comments, messages and emails, I have to say I am feeling a bit brighter today and decided to share some roses. Thank you.xx

      Delete
  2. That's lovely Nick. I hope you feel better soon. Please pay no attention to keyboard cowards. Some sad people lately taking pleasure in bringing down others. They are a joke. Big hugs to you, Trish x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Trish, I am sure I will after all of the lovely comments and support, It has meant a lot. It does seem that this is doing the rounds, it's been going on, on and off for about 6 weeks, but it had got worse and I just couldn't take any more. Thank you.xx

      Delete
  3. Hi Nick, I don't know what it is about people who always want to spew nasty things about people. Pete Simpson has had the same treatment, as well as Lou Withers. I haven't known you that long but I take people as I find them and you are always honest and are always doing kind things for us crafter's. It always hits harder when we aren't feeling 100%, but try and think about all those people who care about you and will look out for you. Your journal is beautiful - take care - love and hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really dont know what these people get out of it, I really don't. I have said it before surely it cant make them happy or feel good. It's been so lovely to have such support and wonderful comments, it really has been uplifting.Thank you.xx

      Delete
  4. Oh Nick I am so sorry to hear you sound as though you have had your heart ripped out of you pet. Hard though it may be, believe in who you are Nick and how we see you. Negative people just wear you down. Try and obliterate these harmfull comments, for every nasty one you got, I'm sure you will have double positive ones, we love you and will always support you as you have always encouraged and helped us through. I for one have been greatly encouraged by you and the friendship shown throughout this group. Look forward Nick, leave the sore comments behind and don't dwell on them. You are greatly loved Nick. Don't forget that. Love you loads. X mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Mo, It has been particularly difficult, It was devastating to see a post about me and even worse reading down to see who else had added the tuppence worth, I was devastated, really mortified and ready to chuck it in. I have only ever tried to help people, so this really hurt. The messages were also spiteful but they are blocked now, it now just a worry where else these comments will pop up next. Luckily the admin of the page or owner took it down, but it had been there a little while and for me the damage was done. The comments since have been so wonderful and made me feel a lot better, I can tell you on top of everything else though I was ready to chuck it all in. Thanks again xx

      Delete
  5. Hi Nick thank you for inspiring me to keep crafting, as for the sick comments you have been receiving, well just remember that the problem exists between chair and keyboard! So looking forward to your next Hochanda shows and to Stevenage. Your please look after yourself, am sure we all understand that this must be your primary concern. Take care

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's a total pleasure, I am so pleased that I have been able to offer you a little inspiration, I would hate anyone to give up crafting so it's made me very happy to know that you are having fun. Thank you so much for this comment, It's so nice to read it and I really appreciate it, thank you.xx

      Delete
  6. Keep your chin up and keep doing what you love and what you're bloody brilliant at. Take comfort from the fact that far more people appreciate, and get pleasure from, what you produce and post than the handful of negative nancies who have set out to be deliberately nasty to you. The issues are with them, not you. They are clearly very sad, lonely people with very sad,empty lives that even crafting cannot fulfill. They recognise your talent and see it lacking in themselves. Instead of being happy for your success they are jealous of it, and the only way they can make themselves feel better is by trying to tear you down. Don't give them that satisfaction. They are to be pitied if this is the only way they can get any modicum of pleasure in their lives. What normal person with any sort of life could be arsed to go to the trouble of trying to stir up shit on social media and upset people they don't even know? DLTBGYD

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Claire, It's really nice of you say such a nice thing, it's ever so kind of you. Im the same, I cant understand what these people get out of it either, I cant see it would make them happy or feel good about themselves. Anyway, Hopefully I can put it behind me now and concentrate on all the nice comments. Thank you.xx

      Delete
  7. Loving those retro leaves and tree stamps! They are on my wish list and I am really looking forward to your shows. Try and ignore the mean comments. These people are just not worth it and blocking them is definitely the best way. We love all you bring us and show us and these low lifes are simply not worth your pain! Take care xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Im so pleased you like the Retro Leaves and tree stamps, I had so many requests for the retro leaves to be in stamps that I thought I would do a sheet but with some extra additions, I wont be having them on my show though, My show will be the new Regal rose collection and some coordinating dies and goodies. Watch out next Wednesday for the new Retro Leaves and Tree stamps. Thank you so much for your comment.xx

      Delete
  8. Beautiful sample and lovely new products that are appearing on the surprise shows!
    There seem to be an endless number of people out there in social media land that make it their life work to bring others down,or if not that cause as much hurt as they can. It is easy to say take no notice but I know what it is like to be down with health and illness,to then receive spiteful and hurtful comments,it makes it so much harder to try to shake it off. At least you have blocked the people,and know that you have so many friends out here that love and support you. We know what a genuine,kind and caring person that you are. You have our support all the way on this journey. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I am pleased you like the new goodies, I am looking forward to next Wednesday I must say, I really cant wait. You're right there seem to be more and more, I was just totally devastated to see the post and even more all the others that had joined in, it was taken down but now I wonder if it will re appear somewhere else. Thats, the messages and everything else on top was just the last straw. Thank you so much for the lovely comment.xx

      Delete
  9. What a beautiful journal cover Nick! I'm trying to work out if the rose is embossed or a die cut, so well done you've got me thinking before 9 o'clock lol. Your journal reminds me of the story book from Beauty and the Beast, something from a much nicer time. It's really easy to give advice about ignoring the rude and nasty comments, but when it happens to you it cuts like a knife. These people really are just looking for a reaction, so blocking them is the only thing to do. Just keep on doing what you do and remember all the support you have out there. I hope that things sort themselves out for you with your health issues - a cool day would definitely help! Take care, Sue x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sue, This is the Lady Marjorie Swag die I have used for the cover, It really is a lovely die, even if I do say so myself. I am so pleased you like it. It sure is like a knife, I have ignored lot of things over the years,this time it was incredibly difficult, it started weeks ago and at first I let it over my head but with this last lot as well as everything on top it was just too much. I just found it impossible to get myself together and pick myself up. I am sure things will get better. Thank you again.xx

      Delete
  10. Hi Nick. It’s extremely sad to read that there are some very nasty comments being thrown your way at the moment. It seems to be a trend at the moment. What is this world coming to? Please take comfort that these are a very small minority which don’t reflect the feelings of so many others. Take great heart from this. You have done the right thing by blocking them. Now let them go and enjoy the friendship of the rest of us. Take care x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It really is, being behind a screen they seem to think it's okay and they can get away with it, I doubt half of them would ever have the balls to do it face to face. It's so annoying that I have let them get me so down, it's been too much with everything else at the same time and I just buckled. After all the lovely comments I am feeling a little better and its onwards and upwards. Thank you ever so much.xx

      Delete
  11. Keep going Nick. it must be so hard to deal with the nasty people. I don't think I could handle that sort of hatred. It seems when you go public you are automatically a target. I feel so thankful there are people like you who share their knowledge so freely. Keep up the good work.
    Best wishes, Sue

    ReplyDelete