Wednesday 10 July 2019

Beauty In Everything

Morning Friends and Crafters, another great project for you this morning to make the most of your crafty stash. Here using the Craftascope Floral Stamp and Dies collection that I launched with Kathryn a few weeks ago on Hochanda. I have used this along with the wonderful Pearlywinks from Donna and Simon.

You Will Need:
120 gsm paper
Black Fine Liner Pen
Versa Clair Black Ink Pad
Sentimentally Yours PVA
3D Glue Gel

Step 1: Arrange your chosen leaves on the paper and run through your die machine. I always like to use 3 sheets when using such thin paper, you will use them in other projects.

Step 2: Use masking tape to secure your white card in place. I like to overlap the card by 1/4'' to form a border. Use temporary adhesive to secure your leaf paper over your card. **I use the Clarity Card Blanks as they take the ink beautifully, having been let down in the stamping card I used to use.

Step 3: Spritz the teal first from one corner, so the ink is lighter in the middle. Repeat from the other corner with the orange. You will get a beautiful blend in the center.. Remove the paper.

Step 4: Remove all of the tape carefully, (always away from your piece) set aside to dry thoroughly. When dry rub over with a dry clean tissue. I've not done that here but it does remove the excess adhesive.

Step 5: Take a piece of white card and stamp your sentiment onto it, here i have used the Versa Clair Black ink.

Step 6: Spritz half and half with the same colours as before.

Step 7:  Cut out the sentiment and mount it onto black card, leaving a narrow border. Next cut one of the larger leaves from the spare card you spritzed. Stamp using the same black ink, look at how beautifully the stamps transfer, the leaf is fairly small but the text is so perfectly clear. Cut another leaf from the same black card.

Step 8: Slightly offset the  black and secure using the PVA.
Step 9: Mount your back ground card on to the black card base, this will leave a really nice thin border.

Step 10: Use a black fine liner to mark around your card to give a faux mat. Position and secure the sentiment and leaf onto your project using the 3D Glue gel.

Here is the finished card:

Thank you again for joining me today. It's always wonderful to have your company. I do hope you enjoy the posts that I share and find them useful. I am doing a lot more on my Youtube channel now and hope you will subscribe to that and keep an eye out for weekly shows, Here is a link to make things easy. NICKS YOUTUBE CHANNEL

(If you read the next bit, Please dont mention it on Facebook just yet) I have some amazing news to share with you today. I have been nominated in the Crafts Beautiful 'Best of Craft' awards. I have had to send my collections off to them and they have all arrived safe and sound. I have to thank each and everyone of you who took the time to nominate me. I have to say it was a real shock when they contacted me and must confess to crying  a little, well more than a little really. I couldn't have got this far without you and really words can't begin to explain how I feel, a few of you will know why this is so important to me, so thank you. I will give you more details as soon as I find out more. To get this far is amazing, obviously I would love to count on your support when the voting starts, it would be fantastic to go a little further. But THANK YOU so much.


19 comments:

  1. Beautiful card,think you did in your Natter with Nick. You deserve to be nominated as your collection is so different,and versatile. Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I thought I had done it on Natter with Nick as well,but I know that lot's of people dont watch youtube and like it written,I had the tutorial so I thought it would be good too share it. I am over the moon to be nominated, things are happening fast now so it's nice to have positive things to look forward to.xx

      Delete
  2. So beautiful, simple is definately more in this case. I love the clean lines of your products and they are so innovative and you make us think outside of the box. X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Marion, These stencils are great and I really love the sprays, they have not let me down yet and the colours are great. Im so pleased you like the Craftascope goodies, It's been great seeing your projects and the ones from other people,it's a real treat.xx

      Delete
  3. Great card Nick and what brilliant news, so well deserved. You are really too modest your designs are great and so generous to share your skills. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Karen, I am so pleased you like this one.As for the news, I was in floods and over the moon with the support from people, I didn't want to share it on FB, I thought I would let people find out on here, well those that read the blog. I dont want to seem cocky or showy off, but I was itching to share the news. I was so proud about being asked to do the feature in the magazine, but this has totally blown me out of the water. I doubt I will get any further, but I would love the votes and support, It would be wonderful if not a miracle to get further. I looked back over the last few years and the awards have always gone to TL or HD, they have huge followings.xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. well deserved mate...your products and work ethic are awesome xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thats incredibly nice of you to say Patty and it does mean an awful lot to me especially at the moment. I didn't want to share it on Facebook just yet, I would hate people to think I was being a show of or big headed. I am just so over the moon and wanted to say thank you to everyone for the support, I certainly wouldn't have got this far without the nominations from an awful lot of crafters and customers.xx

      Delete
  6. Awesome Nick i will try this for sure. I love it

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am so glad it's given you some ideas, It's a great way of using your dies to make some free stencils and you have the die cuts for another projects too.xx

      Delete
  7. Such an informative blog and very helpful. Nick. Spritzing the sentiments to make it blend in was a good tip for me. Thank you for the time you take to show us. Good news about your nomination. Why wouldn't you, your a tireless worker and we are all behind you. Plus we all know you by now. A genuine modest soul, much loved. Well done. Good things come to good people. Take care X mo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Mo, I am so pleased you enjoy the blog and what I share. It really is lovely getting that blend in the center and knowing it's not going to mess up your creation. It's a real pleasure to share with you, I am just so pleased you do enjoy it. Isn't it wonderful news, I can tell you I really was in tears of happiness as thing like that don't happen to someone small like me. I cant tell you what it means I really cant. It would be great to have the support when the voting starts, there are some huge companies that will be in it as well. I really am happy even getting this far, it really is marvelous recognition for the goodies.xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. Awesome news congratulations!! I love the leaves & this card is fabulous. I have a background I want to use the leaves on. I like this idea need to work on this weekend. Again no one deserves this more than you, you have come so far. Best of luck!! xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Carol, I can tell you there were quite a lot of tears, when they got in touch. I couldn't work out if I was awake, asleep or if it was a practical joke at first. Then I had to pinch myself. I am over the moon and so grateful for all of the wonderful support I have been given. I am so pleased that you like this one, it's a brilliant way of using the dies with the spays to make a super background. Thanks again.xxx

      Delete
  10. Love this Nick 👌🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻 Thanks again for using our sprays they really do compliment your stamps and does perfectly, I know when I got chance to play I didn’t come up for air, and I didn’t even get to use everything I absolutely love the hyacinth petal (I think) or was it the erm I don’t even know what it’s called but I made loads of them and put them in my piano anyway on the joint show we did on the 27th xxx

    Really well done darling and so well deserved you deffinatly have my vote 👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻👏🏻

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Chrysanthemum die set 🤣🤣🤣👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻👌🏻

      Delete
    2. Thank you ever so much, I agree with you the sprays go really well with Craftascope products. I love that they have never let me down and do everything i want them too. Such great colours as well to suit everything. Thank you for your support, It would be great to go a little further in this but I am just so happy to have been nominated with the support of customers and crafters. Thank you.xx

      Delete
  11. Lovely card Nick, I am getting more in to using my dies as masks & stencils it really does open a whole new world. HUGE congrats on your 'news' - well deserved mate

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I think it's such a great way too make your goodies go a lot further and to make something unique too. Im so pleased about the news and really touched to have so much support.xx

      Delete