Thursday 18 July 2019

Copper Tree

Hi Everyone. Today I am sharing a little piece of home decor, that I made with the Retro Leaves dies from the Craftascope Retro Collection. I brought it to Hochanda last month for a One Day Special. I have a full tutorial and lots of additional photos for you today, I hope you enjoy it. There's also a little 'Thank You' Gift for you all from me for your amazing support. It's made me so happy, I can't quite believe it, A little overwhelming, but I am so touched, I really am, it means an awful lot to me so Thank you. xx

You will Need:

Leonie Pujol Creativity Stamp
Pebeo Metallic Copper Marker
Florists Wire
Copper Wire
Old Drinks Cans
Craft copper Metal
White Gesso
Distress Inks Mowed Lawn & Mermaid Lagoon
Heat Gun
Blow Torch
Large Board or Canvas

Step 1:  Use the metallic marker to colour the florist wire and set aside to dry.

Step 2: On a small piece of copper sheet and stamp the creativity stamp using the black Stayzon.

Step 3: Paint you board with the white Gesso.

Step 4: Mix some of the white Gesso with a little distress ink to add colour to the sky, then repeat with the green for the grass.

Step 5: Take about 10-12 lengths of copper wire, Tightly wrap another length around the branch.

Step 6: Continue wrapping the wire, after about 5 inches, start to split into branches to form a tree.

Step 7: Cut a selection of the leaves, use a blow torch to heat some of them gently, this gives wonderful colours to the metal. Leave some of them plain, then  emboss some of them as well.


Step 8: Wire them onto the florists wire with a hot glue gun.

Step 9: Make some holes in your backing board. Position the tree onto the board, thread wire through from the front and secure at the back of the piece.

Step 10: Position you leaves, once you are happy, wrap a little of the wire around and secure with 3D Glue Gel or a hot glue gun.

This makes a great piece of home decor and would look great on the wall, obviously you wouldn't have to make it this size, a smaller one would be just as stunning.

As a thank you for all of your support here is a 20% discount code  (THANKS20) to use on my Etsy Store for any purchase over 20 pounds, the link to the store is at the top of the page. It was so nice to find out that I have been nominated for the Crafts Beautiful 'Best Of' Craft Awards this year. I was totally speechless when they contacted me. I have to admit that I thought it was a joke at first, after that I have to say there were some tears of joy, so I thought it would be nice to share the joy with you all. I am so touched and it means a great deal to me. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx



16 comments:

  1. This is absolutely fabulous Nick and thank you for the tutorial and 20% xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're very welcome Jane, Spreading the love and a Huge thank you for all of your support.I am really happy you like this.xx

      Delete
  2. Well done Nick, so love this tutorial have written it out, as I do love the leaves, glad I got them. Take care X mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Mo, I am over the moon and shed more than just a few tears of happiness. I still cant quite believe it. I am so pleased you like this and that you have them, they are running very low now and wont be coming back once they sell out.xx

      Delete
  3. Loved this one as soon as I spotted it on the set. Really beautiful and so eye catching. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I really enjoyed making it and it was so easy to make such a statement piece. Someone in the US said she saw something similar for sale in a store for over 100$, I am sure people could make a bit of cash with something similar. Not many left now and they wont be coming back.xx

      Delete
  4. Stunning, really need to give this a try, thank you for sharing.x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Definitely try it out, I have a friend in the states who said something similar in a store there was selling for around 100$, a great way to make a bit of extra cash at a fair or boot sale. It was so enjoyable making it as well.

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much, I am so pleased you like it.xx

      Delete
  6. Fabulous idea, the end result is stunning, gorgeous Nick, thanks for sharing!xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome, Thank you ever so much, I hope you will have a go as well.xx

      Delete
  7. Thank you ever so much I am pleased you like this Cheryl.xx

    ReplyDelete
  8. This is amazing Nick, so beautiful and clever. I have to say I thought I had everything in my craft room, but I am sadly lacking a blow torch lol. Bet if I looked in Neil's man cave.... xx

    ReplyDelete