Saturday 1 December 2018

The 3 Boys Together

Morning Friends and Crafters. Today I thought I would share a very special page with you all. It's the very first project I made when I my final prototypes arrived, even before the stamps had been delivered. For this page I decided to use the beautiful Typography range from Leonie. I love this font and it was just the right size for this project. Iv'e used all of the front facing stencils so it's 'Three Boys Together.

You will Need:
HB Pencil
6B Pencil
Pergamano Blending Tool
Smoothies
Greasproof Paper or Similar for a Mask
Distress Inks Mermaid Lagoon and Seedless Preserves
IndigoBlu Banana Custard
A3 Watercolour Card or Good Quality A3 White card.
Stencils
Bubble Wrap
Stick n Spray

Step 1: Work out where you want your faces to be positioned. I did the front to first and then added 'Bailey' Behind. For this one I have used all of the outside lines of the stencils. Remove the stencils and roughly go over the lines with the 6B pencil, before adding your shading with the Pergamano Blending tool. I hope to share a video with you very shortly, but for now pleased refer to my show demo. This is still on Hochanda via rewind as it was repeated on Tuesday 20th November (CLICK HERE FOR THE SHOW).

Step 2: Cut out the required letter for your sentiment or heading, here I have used Leonie's wonderful Typography collection. I positioned them to make sure they would fit, these were all cut from black card.

Step 3: Use Greasproof paper or similar to make a mask to protect your drawings while adding your background. First I took Mermaid Lagoon Distress Ink and applied to the project by pouncing the colour with a heavy and lighter pressure to get the different sizes of circle. I also used the first and second generation colour to give shade.

Step 4: Next I repeated the process with Seedless Preserves. To add more texture, I added Banana Custard Acrylic paint through a stencil. I would have continued and used the Bubble wrap as well but I didn't want to detract to much from the boys.  I cut out the letters again in yellow to bring out the stenciling, securing them to the black letters for more depth. Finally securing them to the project with Tacky glue.

It's been such a wonderful journey for me from the first marks on my paper to originally design my collection to this first project, then to the show. But the most rewarding thing for me has been the projects I have seen created with my collection and the wonderful comments that I have received since. This is just something that money cant buy and I am really touched, so thank you to you all for making it such an amazing experience. 

My collection is still available via my Craftascope Etsy Shop or from Hochanda, while stock is still available. If you dont have it already I do hope you will have a go.

Many thanks for joining me today, I do hope you have enjoyed this tutorial and the finished project. For now Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx




10 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing. I recorded your shows and just keep them to refer back to. Just as well as I craft in the loft and can't get in there at the moment for Christmas stuff

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're more than welcome Karen, I am actually attempting another video today to show from start to finish in more detail I hope it works out okay. I've only got a little phone camera. So glad you have it to look back on.xx

      Delete
  2. Such a stand out(sorry)project to have made as your very first one. I can't imagine what that must have felt like,but hopefully very good. Love the shading you get just by using pencil.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola.(lol) It was wonderful to see that all I had planned worked with these and it was a very proud moment, I can tell you.I am just going to do a video now so I hope it works out okay to show from start to finish, well on one of the faces anyway.xx

      Delete
  3. Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Jane, it's really nice of you, Im really happy you think so.xxx

      Delete
  4. Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Emma, I am so happy you like this page. It's quite a special one so it means a lot to me, thank you for taking the time to leave your comment.xx

      Delete
  5. Replies
    1. Thank you so much Lisa. I really am so pleased you like what I have done here with the boys. I really enjoyed it and I cant tell you how excited I was to use the last prototypes to make sure they did everything I wanted them too. Then for the big go ahead.xx

      Delete