Thursday 22 March 2018

Elephant March

Hi there, Im a little late today, well very late actually. 1001 Things to sort and never enough hours in the day. I was up very early this morning but I have still managed to fall behind with the things I wanted to do. Today, I am sharing a card I made using the 'Jungle Dreams' Collection from Michelle at MJM Studios.

You will need:

Jungle Dreams Collection
Sheena Stamping Card
Distress Inks Peeled Paint, Forest Moss, Faded Jeans, Gathered Twigs and Spiced Marmalade.
Alcohol Markers
Pebeo Drawing Gum
Clarity Moon Masks
Collall Tacky Glue
Collall 3D Glue Gel

Step 1: Take the elephant and size it to the largest , then build up the heard using the same animal adjusting the size each time. Cover them with Pebeo Drawing Gum.

Step 2: Use some ripped copier paper to create a path for them. Here I have used a mix of Gathered Twigs and Spiced Marmalade to make an orangey brown. Use it deeper in some places to give a bumpy textured look to the path.

Step 3: Build up your landscape next using a mix of the green Distress Inks.

Step 4: Add the moon mask and add blue, again unevenly to give the illusion of clouds and mist from the heat of the day.

Step 5: Remove the moon mask and add a little yellow, not too much. The use some stamps to add branches, grasses and rock. Remove the Drawing gum.

Step 6: Colour the elephants with alcohol markers, dont give to smooth a blend as you do want some texture to their skin and shadows, It makes their skin look a little more rough.

Step 7: Layer the piece onto white card. Then mount onto a larger piece of black before layering it onto a white Centura Pearl Base card. print one of the sentiments, here I have cut it individually and mounted each piece onto white Centura Pearl.

Thank you for popping by today, I hope you like the finished card along with the tutorial I have shared. I hope you will join me again soon. It has started to snow again heavily here, I am hopeful that it wont be as bad as they forecast and I will be able to post tomorrow. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx


1 comment:

  1. Great card,love your herd of elephants.
    Hope that the snow isn't too bad and that it doesn't interfere with your life too much.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete