Monday 6 March 2017

Happy Birthday card using the Collection from Leonie

Morning, Didn't Leonie have a busy One Day Special Launch on Hochanda. I am so glad it was so popular, I knew it would be as soon as I opened my parcel. Here is my first Step by Step using her new collection.I thought I would kick off with a colourful Birthday card, it really shows off how versatile this collection can be, using just a few of the items.

My base card for the was 7 1/2 inch square. I cut a wavy line in some copier paper to act as a mask and positioned it onto my card base.

Taking the stunning tree, I inked up using black Archival ink I filled the gap I had created, I was going to be colouring with my Aqua markers from Spectrum Noir, so archival is a great ink pad to use.

I removed the copier paper, which left me with the design and a sharp edge ready to colour. For this card I used the Spectrum Noir Aqua markers but the choice is yours. I wanted multicoloured but it would look stunning using shades of a chosen colour.

Next I took one of the frame stamps from the Banners and Frames set. Holding the stamp at either end above my block, I gently stretched at the centres to achieve the shape I wanted for my sentiment and adhered it to the block.

I stamped this onto my card, then added the Happy Birthday sentiment from Leonie's Rag Doll set into the frame.

I then used the largest frame from the Banners and Frames set to create the edge around my card, inking up just the part that was needed. I layered this onto black card. I cut around my sentiment leaving a small border and placed this onto my card using Collall 3D glue.

Many thanks for visiting today. I hope you have enjoyed my first step by step along with the finished card. Do have fun with your collection. See you very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx




4 comments:

  1. Love this card Nick. Thank you for sharing this.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card... Thank you for the step-by-step. Really helpful...Keep up the great work! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Just so pretty Nick, Your work s always stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a clever idea that gives an amazing card. Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete