Friday 9 June 2017

Oriental Parchment

Hi Everyone, This morning I am sharing one of the samples I made for the launch of the Kinetic Cards by Crafters Companion. This one is the Circle Pop Out base, the shows should still be available on 'Rewind' via the Hochanda website.

To start with, I cut some heavyweight parchment, large enough for me to secure behind the outer frame once I had cut it. I then used the stamps from Sheena's Oriental collection to create my design on the parchment using white Stayzon ink. After the white work was compete I coloured the images using Spectrum Noir pencils.

Next using ll of the base dies, I cut the thin frame twice so I could sandwich the parchment between them.

I then cut the 'Sending my Love' sentiment in black and to create the layer I cut some Ivory Centura Pearl covered with a Wonder Sheet with the circle die. I stuck the sentiment in place and then covered the remainder of the sheet with AB glitter. As I had cut so much weight away by removing the centre I stuck a penny behind the sentiment panel so the card would easily stand.

I wrapped a narrow length of pink satin ribbon around the centre and added the sentiment which also covered the ribbon join and inserted the parchment, sandwiched between the black frame.

Thank you ever so much for taking the time to visit today. I do hope that you have enjoyed the step by step and the finished card. If you do enjoy reading my blog and the things I share then I would love your nomination for best blog in the International Craft Awards, the link is here:
http://www.craftsbeautiful.com/awards/
Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

1 comment:

  1. This card is beautiful Nick,you've used pink again! For me the best bit is the background that you have created on the parchment,it's gorgeous.
    Thank you for sharing,Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete