Friday 11 October 2019

Simple Dipped Beeswax Candles and a Video.

Welcome to the weekend everyone, I hope you have something wonderful planned. Thank you to everyone who joined me last evening for the Mixed Media Journal video on Youtube, It's always great to chat with you. I'm sharing another video this evening at 7 pm. It's something very different today, I've been making Candles, so I thought it might be good to share with you.

Over the winter, the weather here in Bulgaria can get nasty, I always like to have a stash of Candles on Hand, ready for the power cuts. I love the smell of the beeswax, they also tend to burn a lot nicer than regular candles and also have a positive effect on the atmosphere. It's very cost effective to make you own and great to know you've made them yourself.

There are 2 basic types of Beeswax, I mainly use the Natural Yellow. They also produce a bleached white beeswax as well but sadly along with the colour goes a lot of the beautiful natural aroma. Obviously is you are thinking of colouring the candles then the white would be a better choice, so definitely worth thinking about before deciding on the type of wax you will use. It's very much personal choice but I'd rather have the natural colour and the amazing scent. A little tip if you do use candles a lot, they will burn a lot longer if they are frozen, before use. Here's  the link for the video at 7 pm, you can watch it here, but you can also join in if you view on Youtube.

Thank you to those of you that have taken advantage of the 40% off, on the Etsy store (link at the top of the page), I really hope you enjoy your purchases. If you've not taken a look yet, it's running until midnight on the 17th, some of the items are running low and I can't restock them. There are just over 2 weeks left to get involved with the Giveaway, simply leave your review for any purchase on my Etsy store to be in with a chance of winning my new One Day Special Collection.

Thats all for now, I hope you will join me at 7 pm, it would be great to chat, Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

No comments:

Post a Comment