Thursday 10 October 2019

Finished Mixed Media Journal & Much More

Hi Friends & Crafters, Well quite a lot to share with you today, so I have this blog post and a youtube video tonight at 7 pm, I do hope you will join me. Here I am sharing the finished journal along with a colourful cover made with the Magic Mixed Media Paper along with the Heat Transfer paints.

Before I share the 'How to' I would like to let you know that I have added the final offer to my Etsy Store today. For the next week, you can enjoy 40% off of all orders over 60 GBP. This is a limited offer, running until midnight on the 17th October. There are limited numbers  and once they are gone, they're gone.

For the Journal cover you will need:

Craftascope Floral Companions Dies
Craftascope Heat Transfer Paints by Colourist
Magic Media Paper
Copier Paper
Pokey Tool
Thread
Needle
PVA glue (I recommend Phill's Sentimentally Yours)

Step 1: Measure and cut out the amount of copier paper you will need to cover your journal, being sure to allow 1/2'' for overlapping the edges. Cut the same from the Magic Media Paper.

Step 2: Create strips of copier paper, painted with the Heat Transfer Paints.

Step 3: Cut a selection of leaves from copier paper, painted with the Heat Transfer Paints. Cut at least 5 layers at a time when using thin papers to lessen the damage on your cutting plates.

Step 4: Position and secure a black die cut behind each leaf to create a drop shadow.

Step 5: Secure the strips of paper across the copier paper blank.

Step 6: Arrange the leaves and secure to your design.

Step 7: Place face down onto your Magic Media paper, then transfer your design to the cover.

Step 8:  Use a tool to make holes for your stitching.

Step 9: Stitch using your chosen colour of thread. If you have it available, wax your thread for strength.

Step 10: Here's an alternate design, this time I used scraps (as described in the video).

Here are both finished Journals.

I do hope you will join me later this evening for the Youtube video at 7 pm. It will be nice to chat. I am also going to share some of my new Craftascope goodies with you along with some samples from the Design Team, using previous collection. I have also got some projects and artwork from Friends & Customers to share with you. One of my Crafty friends has painted the most beautiful picture of my Nan, here is a photo, but I will show it in real life too. I just couldn't believe how beautiful it is.

It's been wonderful to receive your beautiful cards and artwork. Here is the link for tonights video, It will play from here, but if you watch on youtube you can join the chat.

Your support has always meant such a great deal to me over the years, since starting my blog. Without you I wouldn't have continued, so I want you to know how grateful I am to each and everyone of you. Take care & Happy Crafting.xxx



4 comments:

  1. I’ll try to be watching live

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hope to see you there, if you can make it. XX

      Delete
  2. Love both he journal covers,no favourite both are great. Picture of your Nan is beautiful. Will try to catch up with the video sometime. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you Nicola, I like them both but still cant decide if I like the blocks more. Love the colours on them both. I am loving the painting of my Nan too, I am over the moon with it. Hope you get to see the video, I have been adding quite a few lately.x

    ReplyDelete