Monday 4 June 2018

A Ladies Lounge

Morning Friends and Crafters, Hopefully you all had a super weekend. Today, I am sharing a Ladies Lounge with you, made with the amazing Dimensional Die collection from Crafters Companion. I really hope you are having as mush fun as I have had with these. I've not shared making the base card again, but if you would like to see the full process, please take a look at the Gentleman's Front room.

For this you will need:
Calico Fabric
Sara's Signature Range Lace
Glossy Accents
Wool or Yarn
Cocktail Sticks
Family Photos
Optional Extras

Prepare your base card (any size you like), position and cut your chair. Here the same paper is used for the whole wall, adding a strip from the collection for the chair rail and dado rail. Use the chair die to get the perfect fit for your wallpaper and flooring (as for the Gentleman's Room).

Step 1: Take a sheet from the plain 12 x 12 pack, run through the Warm Blanket embossing folder. Cut to size after embossing to ensure a nice clean line. Then add velvet ribbon from the embellishment pack, it gives a lovely trim to the rug.

Step 2: For the curtains and the lampshade, I covered the card with Calico before cutting to add texture.

Step 3: Next stamp and colour flowers from the accompanying stamp set. Finally over stamp with the curtain stamp. This adds more texture and detail.

Step 4: Cut the mirror frame from the brown card, add a little gilding wax here and there for texture. The mirror itself was made with Pebeo Silver Metal Film, but it could also be cut with Mirror Card. Lace from Sara's Signature collection was used to add a table cloth. I used my Nan and Granddads wedding photo in the frame. The vase was then cut, coloured and coated with Glossy Accents, finally filled with blooms, created with the matching dies and stamps, secured with Collall 3D Glue gel.

Step 5: The second side table was cut down slightly to add more interest to the room. There is a photo of my Grand Father added to the frame die and coated with Glossy Accents. The wool or yarn was wound to for a ball of yarn, then a cocktail sticks added as knitting needles.

Step 6: A photo of a cushion was resized, cut out and shaped for the chair. The same for the glasses on the arm of the chair, with added Glossy Accents on the lenses. A few magazines and knitting patterns were resized and cut out to place at the side of the chair.

Step 7: The window, which I wanted left open for this Spring/Summer card was cut from the brown card,then over stamped with the wood grain. Some of the lace was used to trim the lampshade. The clock was coated with Glossy Accents. Outside the window you can see the tree die, cut from brown card and flowers cut with the flower dies, using paper from the plains paper pad. Finally to finish the card I added some slippers and a cat at the side of the chair, again from photos that were resized.

I know I keep saying it, but this collection has been such an inspiration. It's easy to see why it's so popular. It's very easy to personalize each and every scene for the person it's for by adding personal effects and things that mean a lot to that person. They're so exciting to use and seeing peoples faces light up when they receive them is a real joy. They are definitely much more than cards and I am sure that they will be treasured by the person you make them for.

Thank you so much for visiting today, I hope you have enjoyed this tutorial today and maybe the inspiration I have shared with you, I do hope you will be making these for years to come can wait to see what you make, For now take care and Happy Crafting.xx

7 comments:

  1. great imagination! Such great details and pretty accents of color and designs. 😉 I do dollhouse scenes so doing them in cards is even more fun. see my blog 😉

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris, Thank you ever so much for your comment, Im so happy you like this it was a joy to make especially the little details I added. Would love to take a look at your blog.xx

      Delete
  2. Love this Nick. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really pleased you like this. I love to share with you so you are more than welcome.xx

      Delete
  3. Love these scenes you have made with these dies. The little extras are just amazing and really do add to the reality.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, this is definitely a collection that I wont be putting away. I am sure I will have it out constantly. I loved making the little extra details, they were great fun.xx

      Delete