Thursday 18 May 2017

All you need is Love.....

Morning, Today my card Is using 'Country Garden', one of the wonderful New 3D Embossing Folders launched on Hochanda by Crafters Companion. Where is the embossing folder, I hear you say!!! I wanted to share a completely different way of using them as well as a great way to use up all of those pieces in your bit box, we all have them. I have also used The 'Script' Stamp from 'All the Love' set by Leonie.

To begin with, take all those bits of black card you have and selectively emboss them with the folder, choose the elements you want to use on your card.

Next gently highlight them with your Pebeo Gilding wax, Here I have used Empire Gold and Renaissance Gold. Set aside for later.

To make the background I took a 5 1/2'' Square of Sheena stamping card, Frayed Burlap Distress Ink and I stamped Leonie's Script stamp, I did the same for the sentiment panel.

Across the background and the sentiment panel, I used Frayed Burlap, Old Photo and Tea Dye Distress Inks, darkening around the edges and blending out to a much lighter shade in the centre.

I then backed the sentiment with Black card, giving a very narrow border.

Before adding anything to the background I wrapped 5 or 6 strands of hessian string and secured it at the back. I then attached it to my 6'' square Centura Pearl card base. I then added a metal key embellishment.

To add the wow to the card, I shaped the flowers and leaves, made from the folder, arranged and secured them with Collall 3D Glue Gel. I did leave a couple flat for sticking to the base card with Tacky Glue.

I hope you like the different way I have used the folder and maybe it's something you hadn't thought of before. Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today and hope to see you very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

3 comments:

  1. Love this different way of using the folders. A really beautiful card. Thanks for sharing, Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nick you are awesome mate xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. A great way to use the folder and a gorgeous card. Thank you Znick

    ReplyDelete