Monday 1 May 2017

Brand New Wonder Crystals.

Happy May Day. Today, I am sharing a project I have made using the exciting new Wonder Crystals that Justin & Gordon launched recently on Hochanda. To create the design, I used Leonie's Mixed Media Die Collection 'Mosaic'.

The addition of the mica flakes has brought a whole new look to the already amazing Wonder Crystals, giving them even more texture and depth. Here I have made my project into a wall hanging, but by using other materials, it would make a stunning statement necklace.

I started by cutting a rectangle measuring 3 1/2'' x 7''. I covered the card with a Wonder Sheet before shaping one end using a basic circle die.

I positioned the Mixed Media dies onto the card to create the design I had in mind.

Next I drew a larger triangle to compliment the design, then drew lines to divide the area into panels to use the area to best advantage.

I cut the remaining areas, applied my chosen crystals and heated with the heat tool.

I secured my design onto a backing with Cosmic Shimmer glue. Once dry I positioned four small holes using a Cropodile.

To finish, I threaded a length of black cord. It would make a lovely wine bottle tag or a smaller version on leather or faux leather would make a wonderful key ring and as I mentioned before it would make a statement necklace or even a card topper.

Thank you so much for visiting today, I really hope you enjoy your May Day bank holiday. Hopefully you have enjoyed the step by step today and the finished piece.Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx


4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Thanks you, Glad you like it. I think I will make the matching key fob and necklace at some point.xx Thought it might go well on leather.xx

      Delete
  2. Love this Nick. Look forward to seeing the key fob and necklace if you make them. Have lots of off cuts of leather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great design Nick,look forward to part two on the leather. Thanks for sharing, Nicola xxx

    ReplyDelete