Tuesday 2 August 2016

Ghetto Rat Wall Hanging

Morning Today I would like to share a wall hanging project that I made using the New Banksy XL stamps that Bev launched on Hochanda recently. They really are excellent stamps and the detail is superb. 

I stamped Ghetto Rat onto tissue paper to start with, using a 'Blue Lagoon' Versafine ink pad.

The substrate I used was a watercolour board, measuring approximately 5 x 7''.

To add texture and interest I added some white gesso to my canvas using a palette knife.


Whilst this was still wet I placed the stamped tissue paper into place on my board. I then sprinkled on some Prussian Blue Brusho in different areas and spritzed with water to achieve the look I wanted.

Thank you so much for taking the time to visit today. I really hope you have enjoyed this step by step and the wall hanging I have created. I hope you will visit again very soon, more from Leonie's new Launch tomorrow. Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

7 comments:

  1. Think that this is a great way to use this stamp,somehow shows it off in the way that it was meant,if that makes any sense.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. A super technique for putting the stamp onto canvas Nick Not sure the Banksy stamps are my cup of tea. But the overall creation is fabulous. Hugs xxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Another great step by step easy to follow sample Nick thank you x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gorgeous nick love he detail and the design,
    Hugs Julie xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is fabulous Nick!
    Hugs
    Linda xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure the Banksy stamps are my cup of tea but what you have done is good.

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is great, Nick! I will definitely be trying that technique. Thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete