Tuesday 12 July 2016

Tree of Life Lamp

Morning. I have some Home Decor to share this today. For this piece I have used the lovely Oak and Maple leaves drawn by Sam from Bee Crafty along with the amazing Wonder Embossing Crystals and wonder sheets from Be Creative, both shown on Hochanda. It's been a really exciting project and I am over the moon with the results.


In order to use as little Hessian and wonder sheets as possible I first stamped the smaller Oak and Maple Leaves onto Wonder Sheets.


I then roughly cut out the leaves, peeled off the backing and stuck to the hessian, then I cut them out properly and peeled of the top sheet and covered with more hessian, then cut around the existing shape.


I used  Turquenite and Goldstone Wonder Crystals and embossed half the leaves in each of the colours. While some of them were still hot I shaped them to be more realistic and to let the light shine through later. I then covered the whole shade with Wonder Sheets, covered with hessian and painted with Black Gesso, this would give a really dramatic background for the leaves.


Then I moved onto the lamp base, using the 50 mm Wonder Tape, I twisted it in lengths to form into a branching tree shape. I wrapped the tree around 2 1/2 sides of the base.


I coated this in Goldstone Wonder Crystals and heated until melted, then added more here and there to create the tree trunk and branches.


Finally I arranged the Oak and Maple leaves around areas of the lamp. I am so pleased with this project and it looks even nicer in the flesh so to speak.

I hope that you have enjoyed this step by step and another way to use the lovely stamps from Bee Crafty. I hope you will join me for my net post tomorrow. Thank you.xx


8 comments:

  1. Wow another amazing project and you say it is even better than it looks in the photos! (Wondered whether you should say in the leaf or maybe wood rather than flesh?) I love all of it but particularly the leaves.
    Thank you for sharing. Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so pleased you like this Nicola. I have really enjoyed this. I love the leaves from Bee Crafty and playing around with the Wonder Embossing crystals has been fantastic, I have done quite a few projects with them so I cant wait to share them with you. Thank you ever so much, I am so happy to have your feedback xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow Nick this is a stunning creation a brilliant step by step. The Wonder Crystals are fantastic as are the leaf stamps they all work perfectly together.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow Nick this is a stunning creation a brilliant step by step. The Wonder Crystals are fantastic as are the leaf stamps they all work perfectly together.
    Hugs Janet xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Janet, A very different project but I really enjoyed this one. Love the crystals. I have made a few things now. Have to wait till next week for my favourite.xxx

      Delete
  5. Wow. This is do different. Love it. Thank you for sharing and the detailed tutorial.

    ReplyDelete
  6. You're more than welcome, I am so glad you like this project. Take care xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Stunning Nick x

    ReplyDelete