Thursday 28 May 2020

A quick update on my Petition to the Government

Hi everyone, I hope you are all still keeping well and staying safe. Looks like there lot of beautiful weather around. I had a wonderful letter yesterday from 'The House of Commons' with more support for my Petition for the Inclusion of Cause 2 into the Agriculture Bill. It was exciting to get it, not have anything like it since I turned 16, when I along with every other 16 year old was invited to 'The Palace of Westminster. 

Anyway, As I was still waiting for the Petition to be checked and made live, I wrote today for an update. I will share the Petition as soon as it's live, we still have the opportunity to make a difference, protect the Farmers and Crofters all over the UK, to improve Animal Welfare,Stop Sub standard imports into the UK, such as Battery Chicken and Eggs, Chlorinated Chicken etc, To name but a few.

Here is the reply:

HOC Petitions Committee <petitionscommittee@parliament.uk>
Thu 28/05/2020 12:28
  •  You;
  •  HOC Petitions Committee
Dear Nicholas,

Thank you very much for your message.

I’ve had a look on the UK Parliament petitions system for you, and I can see that your petition is in our moderators’ queue for checking. At the moment, we’re receiving an exceptionally large number of petitions. Currently, we’re receiving five times the number of petitions which we usually receive, because of the COVID-19 pandemic. This means that our moderators are taking several weeks to reach a particular petition in the queue for checking, then to check it as thoroughly as ever. We’re sorry that this is making the checking process take longer than usual. As soon as our moderators have decided whether they can accept your petition, they’ll get in touch with you by e-mail.

Usually, our moderators try their best to check petitions strictly in the order in which we receive them. Our moderators are checking to make sure that every petition follows the standards for petitions. If you’d like to take a look at the standards for petitions, you’re very welcome to find them here:

Thank you for taking a look at the update, Hopefully it will all be up and running very soon. In the meantime, enjoy your crafting, gardening or whatever is keeping you going through this. Take care and Stay Safe.xx

4 comments:

  1. Nick this looks promising, I hope the petition goes through. Hope you are well. Stay safe. Will message you soon. xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fingers crossed Carol, Thanks for your comment too. I have written so many letters and I have started to get some replies which is great and wonderful to have had the first one from the House of Commons.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you, I was very pleased to get at least one from the House of Commons. Just looking forward to the petition going live. Time will be of the essence to get a change made.xx

    ReplyDelete