Friday 3 May 2019

Flower Embroidery & Other things

Hi Friends and Crafters, well another busy day here and with a few surprises along the way. I hope you've all had a great Friday and are looking forward to your weekend. I really can't believe where all the weeks are going, they seem to be flying by at a rate of knots. This year seems to be passing by so fast. Today, I am sharing quite a different project using my Blooming Marvelous collection.

You will Need:
Craftascope 'Positive Journey' A5 Plus Stamp Sheet.
Madeira Threads or your Choice
Calico
Embroidery Hoop

Step 1: Stamp your design onto Calico, you will need to use masks to avoid overstamping. You dont need to use a dark ink, just strong enough for you to follow the design. Place the design into you hoop. I am quite happy for you to scan and copy the design so you can enlarge this for your own use only.

Start 2: Start stitching your design, in colours of your choice. I have used the Madeira threads.I have started here with the chain stitch and the stem stitch.

Continue with stitches of your choice to complete your project. For the leaves I have used fly stitch. Some of the other stitches I have used are: Soft Shading, French Knots, Laid Filling and Detached Button Hole Stitch. I have finished this piece with some simple beading.

I hope you have enjoyed my post today, despite how late it is. Some other news, I was so surprised when one of my cats presented me with 3 kittens. She had put weight on but I had no idea she was pregnant. There's a black, a grey and an almost totally white one.

Well thats all from me today, so I hope you will join me again soon, for now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

8 comments:

  1. Beautiful piece Nick love the veratility of the stamps. Learning embroidery from Patty maybe one day will be making one like this. What beautiful little kittens!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Carol, I hope you will have a go, it's always nice to build up your own patterns as well, it gives you a real unique piece that no one else will have. They are nice and they have been asleep most of the time today, which was great.xx

      Delete
  2. Great idea using the stamp on Calico. I will try that if you don't mind Nick. Oh I just love your Three little kittens, they are so lovely what a lovely surprise. Congratulations take care X mo

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Of course I don't mind at all, You do it. This is why I share to give you ideas, I hope you have fun. I a so pleased you like it, Thank you ever so much. Take care Mo.xx

      Delete
  3. Have said before how much I love your embroidery. It looks so neat and stunning even when enlarged,mine always looked a little scrappy somehow,but not done any for a while. Always love the many different ways you use products,whether your own or someone else's.
    Cute little kittens, bet that was a big surprise if you didn't realise your cat was pregnant! Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It sure was a surprise Nicola, certainly not expected at all. Thank you I am really pleased you like this one I always like to try and show how to use everything in different ways, we all like to get our money's worth. I am sure yours is great too, you're just too critical, we're all the same about our own things I think.xx

      Delete
  4. This is stunning, so delicate and detailed.
    Congrats on the arrival of the kittens too :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thank you so much Heather, I really am so pleased you like this. I really enjoyed puttin git together and stitching it of course.xx

    ReplyDelete