Thursday 6 December 2018

Almost Invisable

Morning Friends and Crafters, This will be my last blog post for a little while, I am having a little break and hope to join you again very soon. If I do have the opportunity to share any crafty news then of course I will. Today I am going to share a journal page I made for the launch of my Collection last month. It's a great page as it is but also gives you a wonderful opportunity to add to it later, with embellishments, journalling or decorating any way you choose.

You will Need:
Old Dictionary Pages
Creative Expressions Mat n Seal Decoupage Glue
Clear Texture Paste
White Card for the Sentiment
Distress Ink Pad Black Soot
Pink Pig Journal 11 x 11 (White Paper)
Brayer

Step 1: Select some old dictionary pages, all the better is they have images on them as well as these add so much interest and depth to your page. Use the decoupage glue to secure them to your journal page. If they have aged and yellowing pages all the better and try to keep some of this.

Step 2:  Use a brush, a very small amount of white Gesso and a touch of water. You dont want to obliterate all of the colour and detail, just build layers.

Step 3: Use your Brayer to add the first light layer of Bonfire, it really doesn't take long to dry, then repeat with the Townhouse Teal, which really contrasts well. Build up a couple of layers like this, again dont be too heavy with it, You might want to add a little white if you do happen to add too much colour. Finish with a layer of the bonfire, but use very little paint. This all adds to the depth and texture of your project.

Step 4: With a palette knife to mix a little Townhouse Teal into your clear texture paste. You want the stenciled image to show but not jump off the page at you. Using the same colour in your paste blends it while adding more texture to your page.

Step 5: As the paste dries you will see the image shows much more.



Step 6: On some separate card add a little of the same colours, you can apply it with some scrunched copier paper or similar to give you some texture and tie it in with your page. When dry, stamp your sentiment in place with Versafine Black Ink, Then add a little Black Soot Distress Ink around the edges to make it stand off the page. Secure the sentiment to your page with some Tacky glue or for a little more dimension use the 3D glue gel.

Thank you ever so much for joining me today, and for following my recent Hochanda Journey, which I never thought would ever happen. It's been an amazing experience for me. I would like to thank each and every one of you, who bought the collection. I really hope you are having fun with them. I really would love to see your creations, so pleased o share them in the 'Craftascope Facebook group and pleased leave a review on Hochanda so others can see what you think.

If you would like to get your hands of the last few of my collection they are only available at Hochanda or via my Etsy site, a link is at the top of my blog (CRAFTSCOPE ETSY SHOP).

Just a little extra here: If you have not shopped with Hochanda before, here is a voucher code giving you 30% off your first purchase (FEY5JBP7) it can be used for any purchase, feel free to share it.

I hope you all have the most amazing Christmas with Family or Friends, however you will be spending it. Thats all from me now unless by some chance I do have the opportunity to share something with you. So for now Take care and Happy Crafting. Have fun!!!!


12 comments:

  1. Like the way this page is not so bold in colour as some of the others. I think it makes you look at it more to see what is there.
    Thank you for sharing Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Nicola, I agree they dont all have to be colour riots, there re so many other ways. It was also nice to see whats going on with the background.xx

      Delete
  2. I love this page and will certainly use some of your tips. Have a lovely break and here's to continuing success in 2019 xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Karen, I am pleased you like it. Great to have a nice background to do whatever you like with it afterwards.xx

      Delete
  3. Great dimension and colour - love it! Hope you have a wonderful break

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Jane, So happy you like it and thank you, I am sure I will. Have a great Christmas and a wonderful New Year.xx

      Delete
  4. Wonderful detailed step by step, fab colours you have used to showcase your stencil.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, I am really pleased you like this. A little more of a subtle look for this one.x

      Delete
  5. Amazing artwork Nick, you have worked very hard on this collection, fantastic art. Enjoy your break and looking forward to you popping back sooner rather than later xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, I have worked hard on it but it really has been a pleasure to design and now I am seeing the crafty makes from others I am even more proud. Thank you Lisa, I am sure I will enjoy my break and I will be looking forward to coming back as soon as I can.xx

      Delete