Tuesday 31 July 2018

Under The Mistletoe

Hi Friends and Crafters. I do hope you have been enjoying the One Day Special shows with Fiona. Today I am sharing one of the cards I made for the launch, It really is such a stunning design and makes the most beautiful cards. Please dont miss the Final Call show at 5 pm, these are a smashing set of folders and once again so versatile.

You will need:
Basic Oval Dies
Green Satin Cardstock 5 x 7''
3 mm Foam Tape or Pads

Step 1: First emboss your Cream Card with the design. Place a basic oval die over the design and lightly draw around the outside. The trim around the leaves and ribbon that overhang the pencil line. Trim just past the line (approx 3-5 mm) to allow you to slip the die underneath.

Step 2: Now position your die where you traced, make sure that all the leaves and ribbon are above your die or they will be cut off. Then run through your machine.

Step 3: From the centre of your precious gold card, cut your oval layer, one size larger than before. Layer your embossed design onto this with Tacky glue.

Step 4: Layer your green and gold card using Tacky glue, then secure to your base card.

Step 5: Cut the word 'Peace' to add to this project. You can use any sentiment to suit the occasion.

Step 6: Secure your embossed topper to the base layers using 3 mm foam tape or pads to add further dimension.

This finishes your card.

Thank you ever so much for joining me today, I do hope you have enjoyed the tutorial along with the finished card. Don't forget to tune into the Final Call show on Hochanda at 5 pm for more inspiration from the design team, for now Take care and Happy Crafting.xx

9 comments:

  1. A beautiful card and brilliant tutorial. Thank you Nick. Enjoyed the shows on Hochanda.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so pleased you saw the show on Hochanda, I always love to watch and see all of the samples from the DT. Thank you ever so much I am so pleased you like this one.xx

      Delete
  2. Such an elegant card,saw it shown many times on the programmes.
    Thank you for sharing,Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you ever so much Nicola, I am really pleased you like this one, I loved the folder and just speaks for itself. This card has been very popular, I have had lots of messages about it.

      Delete
  3. How can I get this embossing folder pls Reply

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Joy, At the top of this blog post there is a list of 'What you will need' to make this card. Each of the elements is a link to where you can get the items. I am so sorry I dont work for Hochanda, I just try to help where I can and share with other crafters.

      Delete
  4. Dear Nick I watched Hochanda but I did not see the folder does that mean I cant get the embossing Folder, I dont know How much it is, I assked Hochanda but they have not gotton back to me yet, can you pls tell me whats happening. Thank You.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Dear Joy, The Shows were on on Monday and Tuesday. I am so sorry you missed them. I have answered your post on Facebook, also messaged you on FB and let you know in your last comment here where to find the folder, I do hope that helps you, it's such a beautiful design.xx

      Delete
  5. Beautiful, wondered how you got those leaves at the bottom. great job, thanks for sharing

    ReplyDelete