Tuesday 25 April 2017

Reflect and Grow Step by Step

Hi, I thoroughly enjoyed mixing it up with this project. I made it for Leonie's Typography Collection show on Hochanda, I hope you enjoy the step by step and the finished card.

From Kraft card I cut 4 each of the Antique Frames from Sara's Shabby Chic Collection. They are really beautiful and make a really substantial piece when layered up.

Before adding any Distress Inks, I added Pebeo drawing gum around the edges, It doesn't actually rub off of Kraft card but it does give a great wood effect once the inks are added.

To make the mirror frame and base look like old wood, I used the ink in the photo. Starting with the Aged Mahogany, then in order from dark to light.

I took a piece of Acetate just slightly bigger than the mirror frame. First I applied the Gilding Paste from Pebeo and left to dry. I some areas I stippled it as I didn't want a perfect mirror look. When dry I added the Pebeo silver leaf sheet. Then using Stayzon black ink, I stamped a crackle stamp over the top, this one is from Bee Crafty.

I cut out my letters using Leonie's Typography die range, 2 of each and stuck together with Tacky Glue for depth.

The Kraft background card was embossed using the Woodgrain Textures embossing folder from Crafters Companion. I then distressed it using the same colour Distress Inks that I used for the frame. The darkest of them were only used at the top and bottom of the card, leaving the middle lighter.

I then gilded my letters, using the Pebeo Gilding Paste and their Gold Leaf.

For the mirror stand, I used the base of the tree from Leonie's 'Funky Tree'. I coloured it with Vintage Photo and added Glossy Accents, the Glossy Accents always makes the colours appear darker so be careful. I used Black card to layer the piece onto, giving a narrow border before adding it to a silver/white basecard.

Thank for coming to see what I have been sharing. I hope you will continue visiting as I have some exciting things coming up very soon. Take care and Happy Crafting.xxx

2 comments:

  1. An amazing card as always. Saw the mirror the first time and thought why didn't I think of that! Love the depth of colour you have achieved. Thanks for sharing, Nicola x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you so much Nicola, I love those frames, they will come in so useful in other projects too. So pleased you like it.xx

    ReplyDelete